How Do You Weld This Stuff?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by davegran, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davegran

davegran Teachable Geezer

I'm a new guy on the block. Recently retired and looking for a new hobby. I used to build models as a kid, mostly balsa wood, but some plastic. Mostly in my life I've worked with metal and wood to build "stuff", hence the title.... :rofl:

Anyway, I've just become aware of card modeling and it really looks interesting. Many of the models are so incredibly detailed that it's hard to believe they started out as sheets of paper! I'm sure I'll never get to that level. I'll be happy if my results are recognizable.

Right now my interest lies with airplanes and I'm especially intrigued by Bill Jones's Avro Arrow. Can anyone lead me to information and pictures on that model? I understand that this site underwent some changes and not all the files are available yet. I tried following the thread in JRTS Aircraft Competition As-Builts, but I think some of the construction pictures are missing.

I guess I'll just keep on lurking and trying to learn how to produce a good card model. Any links to tutorials would be appreciated.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hobby Model had a 1:33 scale Avro Arrow. I have done a quick search online for a seller but had no luck. Has anyone seen this model and can comment on it's quality?
  3. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

What about the Arrow at Lower Hudson Valley? It's free:

Can't comment on the quality as I have never seen it. But, the rest of their downloads are of impeccable quality.

Good luck
  4. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

We have a Tutorial Forum with some helpfull tips and ideas, some of the more popular threads from this forum are sometimes converted to PDF and can be located in our Downloads Area in the Tutorials section. We also have a Tips and Techniques forum.

We also have a lot of very helpful and friendly members, never be afraid to ask for help, there's no shortage of it here all you have to do is ask.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.