how do you turn off a rc airplane engen

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by david_plane, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_plane

david_plane New Member

i need help i just run the gas out of it how else do i shut it off
  2. Hpi nrs43racr

Hpi nrs43racr New Member

some of my friends they trow a towel at the prop to stop the engine
  3. tele

tele New Member

Surely you jest.
  4. toby

toby New Member

I'm not 100% sure about this as I'm more into road but I think most flyers set their engines up to not idle. Then they set their tx up with a idle setup (when engaged, it moves the throttle to idleing position). When they want to kill the engine they turn off the idle settings and it lets the engine idle down to the point it stalls.
  5. driver40

driver40 New Member

pinch gas line.if it has cowl put finger over carb carefully
  6. aerick

aerick New Member

If the engine has a throttle, just take the throttle all the way down. That will close the carb and choke off the air supply.

As far as using a towel, that's a perfectly acceptable thing to do for small engines. I used to do that with a cox .049 engine of mine.

Rick
  7. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Its all in the control linkage to the throttle servo. You adjust the linkage so that the throttle barrel is completly closed with the throttle and the trim setting lever all the way down. This will stop the engine from getting air and stop the engine. The linkage should also have the proper throw so that the engine has a nice idle speed when the trim lever is about in the centre position and the throttle stick is all the way down. If this is adjusted properly then the throttle should go to full open when the stick is moved all the way forward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.