How do you post a photo?

Ray Marinaccio

Help!
I've been trying to post a photo. I must be doing something wrong. At first they were to large. I got one down to 28.8KB 640x480x16M.jpeg. then what. Am I missing something obvios?

belg

Ray check out on the top off the page is a tutorial for "adding images". It's pretty self explanitory good luck.

jon-monon

Originally posted by Ray Marinaccio
I got one down to 28.8KB 640x480x16M.jpeg. then what. Am I missing something obvios?

That one should have worked :confused: Maybe try it a hair under that size, even 600 X 400? What did it do when you tried to post it?

Ray Marinaccio

The photo is on a disk , taken by my digital camera. I tried to use the attach file. I'll keep trying. sounds like I'm on the right track.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ray,

Do you get any kind of dialog box telling you it did not upload? Usually if it exceeds the maximum file size or pixel size it will tell you. I have no problems using "attach file" with files around 600 x 400 and sized like yours, well under 50K. One thing, do not click on the "img" button unless you want to link. Just hit the "browse" button and navigate to your file. It should work.

Don

Ray Marinaccio

Well, I tried to resize the photo. No go. I don't get any dialog box. When I preview the post it isn't there and there isn't anything in the attach file box.:confused:

Tyson Rayles

Ray the preview button DOES NOT WORK with photos, that is where you are going wrong. Do like Don said and hit submit and you should be O.K. :)

Ray Marinaccio

Hey! it worked. Thanks for walking me through.:D

That is something I built about 15 years ago. It's at my brother's place in Phoenix now getting rebuilt. He has a bigger lathe and milling machine than mine to resize the worn wheels and bearings. It's going to be live steam this time rather than the electric motor and chain drive.
Thanks again for the help.