How do you make the Flageways in Crossings?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
heres the crossing i did using the NMRA Standards Gauge i got off e-bay a couple days ago, i think it came out pretty dang good, and i didnt even use the WS plaster i wanted to use lol. i decided to use the WS Smooth-It cuz i got impatient and didnt want to wait till Monday when i get my box from MB Klein that has the WS Plaster Mold-A-Scene in it lol

SL371280.jpg

SL371281.jpg

SL371282.jpg

L

lester perry

Dental tools gentlemen that is the tools all MRRers should and a variety of them. they are good for cutting flangeways holding things in place, picking debris from turnouts rr crossings. hooking the wire that you just cant reach. Oh yeah they make great tooth pics also. I have boxes of them, my wife is the manager of a large dentists office. you can get them at most flea markets and drug stores.
Les

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
Well done, Josh!

Take some time to admire your handiwork.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

OK. That's enough. Now back to work!

Tom

Santa Fe Jack

Jul 20, 2006
Lost Almost, New Mexico
Dental tools gentlemen that is the tools all MRRers should and a variety of them. they are good for cutting flangeways holding things in place, picking debris from turnouts rr crossings. hooking the wire that you just cant reach. Oh yeah they make great tooth pics also. I have boxes of them, my wife is the manager of a large dentists office. you can get them at most flea markets and drug stores.
Les
Yup! I asked my dentist if she had any old dental picks and whatnot, and she was happy to hand over the ones that for whatever reason had been retired.

AND - here's another great tip from the dentist: You know that blue or pink two-part mixed impression medium? If you've ever had a crown or some such dental work, you know what I mean. The mix it up from a double-barrel syringe, and get it all over your teeth right quick. It sets in a minute or three, depending on the type, and makes for a fairly firm or softer mold, again depending on the type. Anyway, my dentist saves the expired stuff for me, though she likes to use it too, to repair things around the house.

This stuff is GREAT for making rock molds! I've made several, and I can't get enough of the stuff. The only problem is that you have to work fast fast fast. It starts setting up in about 30 seconds. On the other hand, this means that you could go out and find some rock in the wild, make a mold, and be done without having to leave it overnight, like you would with latex.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Thanks Josh and Tom :mrgreen: Many more crossings to do lol

Thanks Lester and Jack for the tips from the dentist :mrgreen: :thumb: Ill have to ask them about that stuff next time im there :mrgreen: