How do you join the NARA?

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Ray Marinaccio said:
I tried to join twice and got blown-off both times.
Kind of gives me an attitude toward NARA.
It took me a couple of e-mails myself. I waited almost half a year before talking to Catt in chat one night.
Like brakie says, probably quicker to e-mail, or PM Catt directly, instead of leaving an e-mail at Boylerwerks.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Brakie and eightyeightfan1 are both correct: contact Catt as noted. Ray, when I applied to join NARA, I had to wait some time. I was worried that things were being held up 'cause they were doing a background check or something {everyone knows that the doctor is always in(sane)}:D :D Turned out that the site didn't have enough capacity to add new members at that time, a fact that was graciously noted by Catt. Another thing to bear in mind is that NARA is not a business, so things get done as time allows. I hope that you'll apply again - if they'll let me in, they'll let....wait, that's not meant to scare you off.:D :D

Wayne

C

Catt

I tried to join twice and got blown-off both times.
Kind of gives me an attitude toward NARA.

Ray,I answered your request for info on joining NARA.I never heard back from you.

There were a lot of people who tried to sign up about the time that Robin died.Some of them got through and some got lost along the way.I apologize for that.I'd love it if you could join us ,but I'll understand if you don't.

Anybody who wants to join NARA can either PM me here at the Gauge or reach me at boylerwerx@sbcglobal.net.

All it takes to join is a modeling interest in North America's railroads.(the whole continent not just the US.I need your name,the name of your railroad,name of your road's website if you have one for it or info for it on your personal website. A trackplan and link to it if you have one.A route map and link for it again if you have one.Personal mugshot,and if you have an Epass.

There is no charge to join and no monthly dues.The only cost is if you want some NARA decals N/HO they will cost you a couple of bucks and a Stamped Self Adressed Envelope.

One other thing ,the understanding that I can get real busy in my personal life and it may take as much as two weeks before I can get you listed.(since Robin died this has been a one man show.Thankfully I have help with the forum)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I'm in, though to my shame it took nearly two years to post a link on my website. Amazing how fast you can learn HTML with two hairy knuckled Canadians breathin' down yer neck...tooth1

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Bob, what's HTML? And how in heck can anybody get hair to grow on their knuckles? Mine keeps wearin' off from draggin' 'em on the ground.:D :D

Wayne

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
doctorwayne said:
Bob, what's HTML? And how in heck can anybody get hair to grow on their knuckles? Mine keeps wearin' off from draggin' 'em on the ground.:D :D

Wayne

HTML is the languaqe most postings and websites are done in so pictures can be posted, all that goofy computer stuff I get my beloved to do:rolleyes: :D

When I went to Bible College, I ran in to some reeeeally healthy Canadians that I made sure I got on their good side while there, man could they put away them Pontello's sweat-n-swear Buffalo wings:thumb: