how do you attach the track to the road bed?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Some people use glue, some use rail nails others I've heard here use pins that they remove once the ballast is down. Me, I use rail nails since I never seem to get the track exactly where it should be the first time.:rolleyes: That way I have the flexibility to move it around easily. There should be holes in the ties every few inches along the track for these nails.

I use cheap latex caulk, spread very thin with a spakle knife and then temporary T pins to hold the track down until it sets.
Doc

nkp174

ezdays said:
Some people use glue, some use rail nails others I've heard here use pins that they remove once the ballast is down. Me, I use rail nails since I never seem to get the track exactly where it should be the first time.:rolleyes: That way I have the flexibility to move it around easily. There should be holes in the ties every few inches along the track for these nails.

On Atlas's code 83 flex track...you have to turn the track over to see the holes. You then have to whack a nail in this hole...pull it out, and you'll have the holes for mounting.

I use track nails or I hand lay with ties glued to the roadbed.