how do I incraese the scale?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by dfarrell, Dec 25, 2006.

1. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

How do you guys out there enlarge pdf files? I have been printing them out and then enlarging them on my scanner, but there must be an better way?!
  2. xyberz

xyberz Member

It's very easy to enlarge your PDF files when printing out. This is considering you did install the software for your printer and not the absolute minimum printer driver.

The printing software should allow your printer to scale the size of your printout in pretty much any size that you could want.

If worse comes to worse, you can open up the PDF file in a picture editing software that supports PDF files, such as Adobe Photoshop and resize the picture that way.

The way that you're currently doing it will degrade the quality of the model and it will not look as nice.

Hopefully that helps you out.

Merry Christmas :-D
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

If you do not have a graphics editing program that can open pdf files you may still be able to enlarge the pic. Some pdf's allow you to copy the parts.

Use the Graphics Select Tool, draw a box around the parts, copy, then paste into your graphics editing program. You can then enlarge and do other editing. Some pdf's don't allow you to copy anything, though, so be aware of that.:)
  4. xyberz

xyberz Member

It's not that hard to copy locked PDF files. All you have to do is hit CTRL+Print Screen and then paste it into some type of Photo Editing program or even Microsoft Word.