How do I convert to remote control?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by TrainNut, Feb 13, 2006.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Heya! I tried searching but never came across the right combination I guess so here's the Q - I've got a G guage steam engine that for many years now has done nothing but run around the Christmas tree. Recently I joined a club (of many scales) and would like to run my engine at the club EXCEPT, they have no power to the tracks. Which means, I need to convert to a battery and Remote Control. How in blazes do I do that??? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  2. Philinbos

Philinbos Member

I run track power myself but I believe Garden Railways had some articles on this subject a couple of years ago. You will have to switch to a DCC system or chase your train around...If your new club is worth belonging to someone there should be willing to help you....if not find another club with track power. If you live in the US, Garden Railways( Dec 2005 - page 116) includes a list of clubs listed by state as well as some in Canada, Austrailia, Great Britain, New Zealans and Switzerland. If you don't receive GR email me with your state and I'll send you the contact info