How do I add text between pictures?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
As the title says, how do I add text between pictures? Between being the key word. Whenever I add pictures, all my text comes in at the top and all my pictures come one after another at the bottom. If I want to give an explanation on say the fourth picture down, I have to say something about it being the fourth picture down. I see that a lot of you are able to add some text, then a picture, some more text, and another picture. How do you do that?

doctorwayne

Talk about the blind leading the blind: I've just learned how to do this.
If you're posting pictures from another site, like Photobucket, simply type your first block of text, then copy/paste the appropriate picture from your site. Continue typing and pasting as required, there's no limit to the number of pictures you can add.
If, on the other hand, you're posting pictures directly to the Gauge, there is only one way to make the picture appear with its associated text. That is to type only the text for the first picture, then add that picture, and then post. Use the "Reply" function to similarily post the next block of text, with its own picture, continuing with separate "replies" until you have finished.

Wayne

(This post has been edited to remove incorrect information. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks Wayne. I was in the process of trying to find this out and post the info but your explanation is great!
Ralph

doctorwayne

Thanks Ralph, but the credit should go to ezdays, whose patience with an old dog trying to learn new computer tricks was certainly appreciated.

Wayne

shaygetz

Thanks, Wayne and Don, I'll try to use that more and more in my how-to's. On another note, where does one go to post a video that can be linked back to The Gauge?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Cool! Thanks a lot for that info. It sounds long and complicated but I'm sure after a couple tries, it will become clearer. Now I need to start a thread and experiment a little!

doctorwayne

Well, before anybody gets too carried away, it's been brought to my attention that the method that I've outlined for moving pictures posted directly to the Gauge doesn't work. The thread referred to in my last paragraph evidently appears differently on my computer than it will for anyone else. If you want the pictures to appear in their proper place in the text, then either insert them where necessary from another site like Photobucket as you compose or, if you are posting the pictures directly to the Gauge, enter the text and the photo that pertains to that text as one post. Then, continue to post each new block of text, with its photo, as separate replies to the original post.
Sorry for unwittingly spreading the earlier misinformation.

Wayne

(I have edited out the misinformation posted earlier)

ezdays

Out AZ way
TrainNut said:
Cool! Thanks a lot for that info. It sounds long and complicated but I'm sure after a couple tries, it will become clearer. Now I need to start a thread and experiment a little!
There are just two ways to do what you want. One is to, as Wayne indicates, locate the pictures on another site, like photobuckets or your own personal web site. There are lots of sites for storing and viewing pics and most of them are free. The other way is to use the Gallery here on the Gauge. I recommend you set up a new "member's catagory" there, then upload your pics. Once you know the URL of the pictures are, you can use the picture icon at the top of the composition window to paste in the location of the picture. Both photobuckets and the Gallery give you the entire URL below the pictures. Just highlight them with your mouse, "copy" the string then "paste" it when the popup box asks for the URL.

If you upload the pics to the thread you are composing, you can post up to five pics, but you cannot add text between them. They will always appear below the text in your post.

doctorwayne

Just so I'm perfectly clear about this, Don, does that mean that if I put my resized pictures into the Gallery, I can then post them from there into a thread as I would from Photobucket, interspaced between lines of text? Does the 5 photo limit still apply using this method?
Sometimes I feel like my computer is the one-eyed monster in my basement: I wish it weren't so difficult for me to grasp how to use it.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
doctorwayne said:
Just so I'm perfectly clear about this, Don, does that mean that if I put my resized pictures into the Gallery, I can then post them from there into a thread as I would from Photobucket, interspaced between lines of text? Does the 5 photo limit still apply using this method?
Sometimes I feel like my computer is the one-eyed monster in my basement: I wish it weren't so difficult for me to grasp how to use it.

Wayne
That is correct, you can link to any picture in the Gallery, or even it's thumbnail for that matter. There is not limitation to the number of links, and you can alternate photos with text, just as if you were using photobuckets or railimages. The thing is, now you have an album in the gallery that everyone here can view. That can be an upside or downside, depending on how you think about it. But, they could do the same at photobuckets or railimages as well.:D