Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-90%

• 90-100%

• Total voters
L

lester perry

If I were to stop adding on to it, it would be about 95%. But after the latest addition it is about 75%. Then I tore out a finished mountain and decided to make it not a mountain. so lets go back to 70%. I am planning on taking part in open house schedule this Nov. so I will have to get on the ball and try to get it back to 95% again. Now I hope to double the size of the building it is in next summer which will put me back to 50%. Should I continue or do you get the Idea.
Les

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Well, since its a freelance layout, im a newbie, and im learnign as I go...I would have to say I am only about 5% done. But in the couple months I have accomplished so much.

Assembled benchwork (sorta)
Laid cork raodbed
Laid track and six remote switches
Bought a Loco and some Rolling stock
Nearly done ballasting
Weathered trucks and wheels
Began painting track

So, I dont mind being very far behind. Im loving every step along the way. No matter how big or little.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Right now, I am at exactly 0% :(
I really gotta get ambitious and buy some wood for the benchwork.
That or be resigned to a 3x8 doorway layout for the rest of my life. ;)

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
i live with my parents so i have restrictions... lol
im waiting for my parents to bring me to the store to get some foam and another board

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Freelancer said:
I voted in the 0-10% range just because I couldn't find the negative percent option. (I am just so far behind where I want to be!) I have however started on about 5' of bench work so that might move me up to the 0% mark. I am hoping that it will change dramatically within this next year. This will be one New Years resolution I will actually try to keep. :)

Freelancer

sign1 I'd be a lot further along if certain unnamed individuals here hadn't talked me into different bench work (better than what I had planned):thumb: , if I wasn't renovating the house:rolleyes: , hadn't cut myself with the table saw:cry: , was better at woodwork:rolleyes: , didn't hate wood work:curse: , had not used my original foam on the house, didn't spend so much time on the puter:wave: ECT...ECT...ECT...sign1 .

I have most of the bench work done but now plan on switching over to flex track, gotta wait till next month for that along some along with some switches, (any of you have any idea how much insulation, sheet rock and windows cost:cry: ?),sign1 , still short of rolling stock, buildings, trees and other things. We have kids/grand kids coming in for the weekend so I wont get anything done this week except water and drain into the new kitchen today. Maybe tomorrow I can get the foam on the layout....ops nope gotta have it ready to run, grand kids are going to want to mess with what I do have.

Rick

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
I have all the track and wiring in place as well as most of the buildings. Some of the buildings are just place holders until I get get the right building for that location. I have started scenery in one area but it is rather slow going.

Also need to do detailing, stripes on streets, and a zillion other things. Also want to permanently couple two A40 critters and redo the wiring so the headlights light correctly. Doing that should allow me to run them without having them stall out at the frogs. Also want try my hand at scratch building.

In addition, the weather has been so nice lately that I've been spending a lot of time outside. If it clears off this afternoon, I may even go pla some golf. That is very rae in Iowa in January.

Tom

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
Hmmm. . . The 0-10% range. I started with a 4x8 just to run trains. It was roadbed and track. Then I started on my second layout. It was around-the-walls, with foam, roadbed and track. I then discovered a fatal flaw in my design; it was never going to come out of the room, unless I used a sledgehammer or tore down an exterior house wall. I am now on my third design, and this one I only have down on paper. I promised myself to build it in sections, so i could move it if I ever had to.

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I put mine at the 50-70% range. My layout's quite small for HO, at 4x6 and I've been working on it for two years now.

I'm purposely taking my time -- and it's 'finished enough' to use it regularly. I've basically finished the scenery on the right 2/3's of the layout, gradually making my way to the left. Even when that portion is done, I hope to keep adding more and more fine detail and I'm even open to changing it again in the future if I get new or better ideas.

Rob

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
Mine is 10% to 30% done. I have two an a 1/2 tables put up now and still waiting for the accessories to come in. Gettin more track and stuff for it some time during the week. I'll almost be done with it sometime next year. As for my G scale garden set up will have to wait.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Actualy, something is wrong here IMO

100%,perfect,finished,done. Isn't it true that nothing can even POSIBLY be perfect? you could decide to move some things around, add a little more detail here & there, etc. The truth is, perfection is a goal, but one that can never be reached, for the likes and dislikes of the mind can vary as quickly as light travels. That's just my 2 cents in the matter. My vote was to how close my dad and are to geting it to look finished. I know that a "true railroad" is never done.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
My old layout/my dad's layout is going to be taken apart...maybe permanently dismantled when they move this year....Almost all of the track was laid...all the major structures had been acquired, built, or installed...all of the mountains were/are complete....but no trees and the the yards/city needed the scenery and more "city".

My current "layout" consists of a 2'x4' module of handlaid On3 track (a main plus a turnout & siding0). In time I'll build a few more modules in order to run some trains...and I'll also build some scenery on them. I have the problem of more On3 equipment then track...5.5' of track...5 revenue cars (1 more kit waiting), 2 operational cabooses (1 unstarted kit), 1 business car, 3 bachmann cars awaiting/partially converted, 2 bachmann moguls 90% converted, 1 Grandt Line Porter.

CNWman....Cool to see another Cincinnati modeller!

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
I still don't have a workable track plan in place. I have had to change concepts from transition era to 90's-today. I will be moving in the near future, and have no idea what space I will have to work in. Business is kinda slow this time of year :cry: (for my area of expertise that is).
I do have something thrown down onto a 4x8, but it is not attached and I don't like the setup, or any of the possibilites it gives me.:rolleyes:
I am begining to get a decent set of locomotives together, and my rolling stock is growing nicely too.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
I was wondering why this thread showed up now... Voter...

So I'm about 1% done, as in, I live in an apartment, and I have big dreams! I have two 2'x3' modules that will fit in when I build my full layout, that are about 50% done.

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
0-10% done bench work is done main line laid sorta ,not sure if I keep it bridge is in and 1of 5 proto 2000 coverd hopper kits is built.:thumb:

Attachments

• bridge002.jpg
    bridge002.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 43
  • new year003.jpg
    new year003.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 34