Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-90%

• 90-100%

• Total voters
N

nachoman

As I was adding some scenery today, I decided my current layout is more complete right now than any others I have built before. Of course, it is only 3x6 - but the size was chosen partly based upon something I felt I could reasonably complete. I suppose there are different definitions of what "finished" means, but based upon the goal I have set for myself, I would only say my layout is 40% complete. So how about the rest of you?

kevin

doctorwayne

The area that I intend to build a second level over is nearing completion as far as structures and scenery is concerned. Three towns almost finished, just a few fences to finish off, a couple of fields to "plant", and three water scenes. I did miss my self-imposed deadline of "before winter", though. On the rest of the layout, one major town almost done, another one about half done, all of the major bridges built and only about a zillion trees to make and plant. I'm probably at the 40% stage.
Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hmm, looking at these statistics, I don't feel so bad about not being close to finished.:D To be sure, doubling the size of my layout did drop me down a notch or two on the "finished" scale...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Will_annand

Just starting out, most of the tracks are laid, the switch machines (14) and ground throws (14) will be here any day now. That would be my order from Canada Express Lines, cheapest supplier in Canada.

I have several buildings done, thanks in part to Robin.

Zman

I'd be much further along if I didn't have attention defecit dis

Hey guys, let's go ride our bikes!

A year ago I was in the 10% range. I'm now up to 25%. I might be further along if I didn't spend so much time on "The Gauge". HAHA. Or I might not have been so inspired without "The Gauge". Hard to decide...doctorwayne's pictures have really kicked me in the pants lately.

doctorwayne

Gosh, golly, geewhiz. Hey, I'd probably be further along too if I didn't spend so much time on The Gauge. However, your compliment makes it time well spent, and I really do appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Wayne

Pooh Bah
I stuck myself in at over 50%. I have all the track down, a full set of wiring (need a few mods), a running start on the scenery, and 300% of the rolling stock i need.
I had an intensive first year of retirement up to the NMRA convention, then I relaxed a bit, had eye problems and we took in a destructive new kitten. Looks like I may start in again after Christmas.

I'm in the 0 to 10% category. I have a 9' X 11' train table that was given to me. It was a plan in some book with a river running thru the middle and 1% grades already incorporated here and there. I am not following the original track plan as I want to add a second level. Not sure how to accomplish that yet, but the layout will require a lot of bridges. Building the bridges from scratch is taking longer than expected. I also am in the middle of duplicating John Allen's viaduct on his original Gore & Dephetid. It took me more than four hours to hand carve the damp plaster-of-paris viaduct. I plan to make a latex mold of it as I need 10 duplicates to complete the project. I am also having fun making trees, trees and more trees. There are so many ways to make HO trees that it is a fun learning experience. Maybe someday I will learn how to post some pics here.

I voted in the 0-10% range just because I couldn't find the negative percent option. (I am just so far behind where I want to be!) I have however started on about 5' of benchwork so that might move me up to the 0% mark. I am hoping that it will change dramatically within this next year. This will be one New Years resolution I will actually try to keep. :)

Freelancer

toolman

I am inthe 30 to 50% range. I have gotten back into slotcars, the ones that run on commerical tracks, so I have been reconditioning them and plan to compete in racing. Time to time will work on my layout.

Relic

I don't know how I voted on this without saying anything, must have been back when I was shy. Anyway I seem to have the same "problem"? as Zman except more building than riding. I'll stick a pic in when Dee gets the seat done.

steamhead

Hi,
I'm in the 10-30 slot. I am about 40% finished with the present state of the layout, but I've got about another third to add to it. The-Gauge is a good motivator, although it does take up some time that could be spent modeling...Hey, but it's not work, is it??

Gus (LC&P).

jetrock

I have completed and scenicked (aside from a few details and fiddly bits) 12 feet of what will be a roughly 30 foot mainline (aside from six feet of backdrop, that's next) plus 3'8" of benchwork and track, plus a six-foot module I am in the process of disassembling and reassembling, so I figure about 40% total. I have been kind of stalled at this point because I have enough layout to operate, which means it is generally easier to go in the train room and run trains than to work on expanding the mainline.