How can you buy gold bullion from the US government at the spot price?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by J w, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J w

J w New Member

Is there a way to buy in large enough volume so that you can go straight to the US mint to buy gold coins and avoid paying a dealer mark up percentage?Do I need a license? Do I have not chance?I am looking for physical gold that I can hold like a 1 oz coin. Or a gold bar like on the movies.
  2. muncie birder

muncie birder New Member

I do not think that the U S government is in the business of selling gold. But what you can do is buy GLD index fund which is indexed to the price of gold. That is as close as you are going to get.
  3. Frank Castle

Frank Castle New Member

You are confused.The United States of America DOES NOT SELL Gold at the spot price.The United States of America BUYS GOLD at the spot price and then RESELLS IT as a COIN for a far larger price.For this reason nobody buys Gold Coins anymore as investments and they are only bought by coin collectors.If you want to invest in gold then just open a brokerage account at TD Ameritrade or E*Trade and buy IAU or GLD.
  4. carolinatinpan

carolinatinpan New Member

Ebay is a good place to acquire gold. If you are collecting to make money. I would buy the best us minted gold coin i could afford. Buying bullion has little numismatic value. But collectible gold coins are a great investment .There are collectors born every day but only a limited number of minted gold coins. The more rare the better investment. I would not buy newly minted coins from the people who you see advertising on TV. The easiest way (and the most fun) is to get it yourself. It is a very fun hobby and can be rewarding. I see your avatar wearing scuba gear so you know about diving. A good gold dredge has a hookah air system to combine your love for diving with the potential for getting good gold . My best day i found $1800 bucks worth. I have just acquired 1600 feet of rich gold bearing creek to dredge on. I also have a new larger dredge which will move 3 times more material than the one i used to get the $1800 bucks. check out these sites for more information. www.gpaa.com www.goldgold.com www.49ermike.com the last one has a feature to go in and click where to find gold click on your state then read the information and find gold near you. Some states have dredging regulations. All of that information can be found on these sites or at the BLM.Bureau of land management.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.