How about a scale vehicle thread

chessie4155

but of course..They are just our everyday cars, a little something to get us from the counrty club to the yacht club.
sign1

chessie4155

Here's our latest additions..a 73 Fireturd er I mean Firebird. and a wrecker to tow it back to the shop with lol

Attachments

• 35 (Small).JPG
    35 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 34 (Small) (Small).JPG
    34 (Small) (Small).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 142

CCT70

Here is a Tanker made for me as a Christmas Present by a friend of mine a few years ago. Made from a Herpa Kenworth T-600 with Low Profile Tires and a lift axle pulling an Alcladed Model Power Tanker, detailed and with Herpa Low Profile tires added. Joe even put a little driver figure in the cab and detailed the interior.

tanker1.jpg

CCT70

I bought several of the Wal-Mart Tractors, and while they are a VERY good deal for the price, and very well detailed, one thing really bothered me about them: The grills are horrible. The International Eagle is gorgeous, and looks like a real International, and with the International and Eagle brand markings and correct grill, apparently, Malibu/Highspeed got the license from International to do them. I plan to build a fleet of Atlas Van Lines movers with them by adding Herpa Trailers and two toned blue striping to the white tractors. The others though, are a different story.

It's Obvious which ones are *supposed to be* Kenworth W-900's and which are supposed to be Peterbilt 379's. What *I* think happened was that the company couldn't/didn't get license to do them from Paccar, the parent company of Peterbilt and Kenworth, so they made the grills generic, but that's purely speculation on my part.

At any rate, I won't bore you with the details of how I did it, but here is what I did to spruce up one of my Pete 379's. I disassembled the model and replaced the grill with a Herpa Peterbilt grill after filing off the nub on the back and cementing to the nose with CA. I also removed the oversized mirrors and replaced them with Herpa's as well (with antennas) and then turned my attention to the rear, replacing the flash crudded wheels (it was easier than trying to remove all that modling flash) with Herpa Chrome rims. I never did care much for smooth drive tires on a rig anyway, so these Herpa's filled the bill. Finally, I added an amber bug deflector above the new grill from a Herpa T-600. Attached are some pics of the new and old for comparison. I plan to do the rest of them later on when I have the time, for now several of my trucks sit in my large display cabinets and some are boxed up. Sorry about the lousy photo quality, my little digital camera takes lousy detail photos. In fact, it just takes lousy photos period. The yellow color of the tractor also messes with the flash of the camera. Now if I could just find a KW grill to fit to fix the noses on the Wally-World Kenworths...

Imag0019.jpg

Imag0017.jpg

Imag0010.jpg

Imag0005.jpg

CCT70

Here are a few of my WM trucks.

WMtrucks.jpg

And my Redfearn rig made by Trucks N' Stuff. I went to work one afternoon (when I worked for ST&E railroad) and our secretary told me I had a package. It was this little truck and a letter from Redfearn's dispatcher. I almost beaned one of their rigs a few nights prior at a road crossing, and called and turned the driver in the next morning. I got a nice thank you letter and this little guy (the secretary tried to convince me that any gifts sent to RR employees were hers for display on her desk, yeah right!). I used Sharpie markers to detail up all the little lights and added air lines from the truck to the trailer. It's a nice little truck, it sits in my office keeping the top of my empty aquarium warm :D

redfearntruck.jpg

ns737

HI here are some of the trucks Ive built and working on all in n scale. Iam building 60 for a truck stop Iam doing

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 112

chessie4155

Our latest addition to the truck fleet..This lowboy trailer. It's a nice model and will come in handy hauling any of the heavy equipment that might need to to be moved.

Attachments

• 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 157

RailRon

Taking the liberty to present something special...

Since my other big hobby is collecting and modelling racing cars from the 1950s and '60s, I thought, at Christmas I might count on your tolerance and deviate a little bit from the railroad scene.

Here's my favorite, the Ferrari 250 GTO. No it is not in H0, but in massive 1:18 scale. I took the metal model from BBurago as a base. Then I superdetailed it after the car with which Graham Hill won the Tourist Trophy in 1963. Besides the paint job I added motor details (ignition wires, fuel lines, carburettor linking, modified exhaust pipes), brake pipes and cockpit details (blue leather seats, wooden steering wheel).

Merry Christmas to you all! And - don't drive too fast! :D

Ron

Attachments

• ferrari 250 GTO TT 1963-1.jpg
    ferrari 250 GTO TT 1963-1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Ferrari 250 GTO TT 1963-2.jpg
    Ferrari 250 GTO TT 1963-2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 150