How about a scale vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Catt, Oct 22, 2006.

1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Our latest additions. These semis are way to modern for my era but they looked so cool we had to have em..

Attached Files:

2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

O man, I forgot about this thread. I got to take some more pictures

BTW, nice Rigs
  3. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

CRAP...You're right...I posted the wrong pic.
    Now I gotta find the pic of the Caddy.
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

Actually it's a '55 Chevy not a '56 but who cares they both look good. :D
  5. EngineerKyle

EngineerKyle Member

Here's a truck I worked on, the wheels were so small I replaced them with, ready for this?, necklace beads.....

Is this a Chevy? It started out all black and with little wheels. I got it at the GV trade show for .50 cents. :thumb:

... and here it is after I added a green fender, silver paint on the glass, some dirt and most notably, those wide, bald tires. :D

6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

You're right Catt. I opened the hood, even its tiny HO scale engine was painted Chevy Orange...Man...Talk about detail.
    Any way..Gonna add some more to this great thread.
    Here's the '53 Caddy I thought I posted. A Busch model.
    Next, we have two tankers parked at Fullards Oil. Both are Boleys.
    A Boley Heavy Duty wrecker.
    Boley, Roll-on/roll-off, with a Life Like tractor
    2000+ Pontiac. Wal-Mart cheapy. More fitting my era.

Attached Files:

7. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Here's a few from me:

My Model A flatdeck truck from wheel works. The decripit 55 ford is an alloy forms cab mounted on an old athearn chassis.

Wrecked old ford

Old pickup inspired by Shaygetz (remember this one?)

Okay, here's my:
    Woodland scenics grader
    Lifelike 50-something ford truck
    an unknown dumptruck
    and in the back is a Magnuson 56 ford tractor and athearn trailer
  8. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Glen, How about a tour of your Layout? :thumb: Looks good from what little I see
  9. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Well, I would but most of my pictures are done using a 35mm camera and then made into a photo CD when I get the film developed. so a tour would take a bit of time and some luck with the camera. All I can show right now are pictures that I've already taken.
  10. galt904

galt904 Member

Nope, it's a 48-50 Ford F1.
  11. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

I picked up a pair of his and hers 65 shelby cobras, HO scale, at Wallyworld for $2 each.

darn, I wish I could learn to read the directions for this new camera to adjust the focus...:curse:
  12. viperman

viperman Active Member

And that Lamborghini isn't?
  13. chessie4155

yeah it is , it came in the same pack the VW was in. It just seem to go with the trucks. I guess I should have mentioned it as well. I have a way to make things clear as mud sometimes.

14. viperman

viperman Active Member

If the Lamborghini doesn't fit in with your layout/era, or you don't want it - I do
  15. chessie4155

Viperman: Yeah you can have it. It's way to modern for my 70s early 80s era layout. A countache ? would work better. I might even have a few others you can have too.
  16. viperman

viperman Active Member

If I happen to come across anything like that I'll let ya know. I do have a 74 Ford E100 van I bought for the paintjob if you want. I does have a missing rear and cracked front bumper, thanks to my 2yr old.

Also have a Viper SRT-10 convertible that will see the layout
  17. chessie4155

Cool. I'll take it..Thanks.
  18. Catt

Catt Guest

Finally got the HO/0n30 photo diorama looking sort of photo ready.Time for more truck pics :D :D

This is one of my earliest bashes.It started out as a LifeLike Ford standard cab pickup.I lost the windows along time ago.

This is one of my early bashes too.Matchbox cab(chevy) Athearn frame (modified) with Herpa wheels

This is an undec Walthers 53' Stoughton trailer with one of the Wal-Mart tractors.I ordered 3 of these trailers undecked expecting white trailers SURPRIZE!! these unlike the 45's and 48's are grey.
  19. Catt

Catt Guest

part 2

and now for some more

First up a Atnearn Mack R tractor pulling a Walthers 48' Stoughton trailer.I need at least 8 of these tractors (I have two so far)

Two pics of an ATLAS Ford LN9000 that I'm creating.The sleeper is just setting in place cause that ain't the one I want for this project.

Nuther Wal-Mart tractor this one pulling a Trucks-n-Stuff 48' flat bed.

Well this it for this installment,more on the way.:D :D
  20. Catt

Catt Guest

Got 1 more,this one is an old Athearn KW that is slowly being upgraded by it owner/operator.