How about a scale vehicle thread

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Here's a truck I worked on, the wheels were so small I replaced them with, ready for this?, necklace beads.....

Is this a Chevy? It started out all black and with little wheels. I got it at the GV trade show for .50 cents. :thumb:

amv.sized.jpg

... and here it is after I added a green fender, silver paint on the glass, some dirt and most notably, those wide, bald tires. :D

anb.sized.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
You're right Catt. I opened the hood, even its tiny HO scale engine was painted Chevy Orange...Man...Talk about detail.
Any way..Gonna add some more to this great thread.
Here's the '53 Caddy I thought I posted. A Busch model.
Next, we have two tankers parked at Fullards Oil. Both are Boleys.
A Boley Heavy Duty wrecker.
Boley, Roll-on/roll-off, with a Life Like tractor
2000+ Pontiac. Wal-Mart cheapy. More fitting my era.

Attachments

• veh2.jpg
    veh2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 285
  • veh1.jpg
    veh1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 283
  • veh3.jpg
    veh3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 284
  • veh5.jpg
    veh5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 284
  • veh4.jpg
    veh4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 288

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Here's a few from me:
aal.sized.jpg

My Model A flatdeck truck from wheel works. The decripit 55 ford is an alloy forms cab mounted on an old athearn chassis.

aas.sized.jpg

Wrecked old ford

afh.jpg

Old pickup inspired by Shaygetz (remember this one?)

agt.sized.jpg

Okay, here's my:
Woodland scenics grader
Lifelike 50-something ford truck
an unknown dumptruck
and in the back is a Magnuson 56 ford tractor and athearn trailer

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Well, I would but most of my pictures are done using a 35mm camera and then made into a photo CD when I get the film developed. so a tour would take a bit of time and some luck with the camera. All I can show right now are pictures that I've already taken.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
I picked up a pair of his and hers 65 shelby cobras, HO scale, at Wallyworld for $2 each.
Picture020.jpg

darn, I wish I could learn to read the directions for this new camera to adjust the focus...:curse:

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
If I happen to come across anything like that I'll let ya know. I do have a 74 Ford E100 van I bought for the paintjob if you want. I does have a missing rear and cracked front bumper, thanks to my 2yr old.

Also have a Viper SRT-10 convertible that will see the layout

C

Catt

Finally got the HO/0n30 photo diorama looking sort of photo ready.Time for more truck pics :D :D

This is one of my earliest bashes.It started out as a LifeLike Ford standard cab pickup.I lost the windows along time ago.
fordquad.jpg

This is one of my early bashes too.Matchbox cab(chevy) Athearn frame (modified) with Herpa wheels
bluchevy.jpg

This is an undec Walthers 53' Stoughton trailer with one of the Wal-Mart tractors.I ordered 3 of these trailers undecked expecting white trailers SURPRIZE!! these unlike the 45's and 48's are grey.
newtrailr.jpg

C

Catt

part 2

and now for some more

First up a Atnearn Mack R tractor pulling a Walthers 48' Stoughton trailer.I need at least 8 of these tractors (I have two so far)
mack-r.jpg

Two pics of an ATLAS Ford LN9000 that I'm creating.The sleeper is just setting in place cause that ain't the one I want for this project.
bluford.jpg

bluford1.jpg

Nuther Wal-Mart tractor this one pulling a Trucks-n-Stuff 48' flat bed.
walytruc.jpg

Well this it for this installment,more on the way.:D :D

C

Catt

Got 1 more,this one is an old Athearn KW that is slowly being upgraded by it owner/operator.

kw1.jpg