Houses for sale....real cheap

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Excellant view of passing trains... This is not an illusion! These houses are 20 Ft from the main line (NS) through PA. The are also 30 FT South of a Grade crossing.

I wonder if these people can hear, since the horns blow right outside their back window :( :(

Yes - all 6 houses (2 shown here) are ocupied.

Attachments

• B&O.jpg
    B&O.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 514

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Great location to set up a streaming webcam :D

How busy is the line there? My g/f' mom has a bakery in Bay St. Louis, MS that's a maybe 40yrds from the CSX mainline. You get a passing train about every hour roughly. Usually alternating east/west bound. There's an amtrak station not far either.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
OK, That is where I thought you meant but when you said NS mainline that threw me.

Here is one taken from in front of the fence looking across the intersection. This would have been 1989 or 90.

Attachments

• B&O at amosland_g.jpg
    B&O at amosland_g.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 439

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
For years my Mom and Dad had us living in a house one house away from the tracks where there was regular traffic from the coal mines to the steel plant in town. This was in the days of steam trains. It took about a week to get used to the noise that went on about every hour through the day and night. Later friends visiting would be shocked when a train went by and we would respond train? what train?

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
this pic is on my porch just in front of my door to my house its on the main from binghamton to albeny ex D&H and now c.p.

now keep in mind that hill is real steep i am about 5"t off the ground on the porch.

Attachments

• train 2.jpg
    train 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 414

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
LiveSteamer said:
Could you imagine waking up to a freight car sitting in your living room and the look on the mrs face when she walks in and you ask her can i keep it? LOL :D

Great Photo Tom :thumb: :thumb:

............Or the look on your face - when the investigators come in your living room, through the wide open wall and ask you:

"Did you take any pictures? We may need them for our investigation" :D :D :D :D

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
N Gauger said:
Geeze!!! That's a bit scarey - isn't it???? But it's a cool view!!!! :) :D :)

i try not to think about how scarey it could be :eek:

and yes its a real cool view and when the rail grinder comes by it gets better