Hotel Miller

jmarksbery

:D When Fred sent me his LPB,s to paint he also sent me 3 old walls for me to use and I don't throw nutten away even though they were pretty crummie. So in honor of my friend Fred (Dash10) Miller may I introduce you to the Hotel Miller. Not only can you get a room but look at the fine dining area on the 1st floor.
Some cutting repositioning windows and making a corner door has made it a nice little addition to my collections of buildings that will be placed on the layout.

ama.jpg

amb.jpg

amc.jpg

amd.jpg

Thanks Fred, now I got to get back to painting people. Later, :huh: Jim

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice work! The place has a lot of rustic charm. The awning really adds to it. What did you use for the diningroom interior?
Ralph

Looks great!

I think I've been there. The first architect I worked for sent me out to field measure a building that looked a lot like that. It also only had three standing walls and was quite drafty.

Careful with the fine dining. Before long some smart developer is going to eat there, look around at the neighborhood and see the $$$$ potential. Before you know it, your working waterfront buildings will be antique stores, cafes and fern bars. I've seen it happen all too often in towns along the Hudson River. Sad.

Wayne