Hotel Miller

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jmarksbery, Dec 8, 2004.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:D When Fred sent me his LPB,s to paint he also sent me 3 old walls for me to use and I don't throw nutten away even though they were pretty crummie. So in honor of my friend Fred (Dash10) Miller may I introduce you to the Hotel Miller. Not only can you get a room but look at the fine dining area on the 1st floor.
    Some cutting repositioning windows and making a corner door has made it a nice little addition to my collections of buildings that will be placed on the layout.

Thanks Fred, now I got to get back to painting people. Later, :huh: Jim
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Excellent Jim! Looks like the kinda place where they rent the rooms by the hour! :D
  3. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

LOL, love what you did with the joint. Fred
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Nice work! The place has a lot of rustic charm. The awning really adds to it. What did you use for the diningroom interior?
  5. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Very very nice'

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Another great one Jim
  7. George D

George D Member

Very nice model. The restaurant looks pretty classy, How many stars does it have. :)

8. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Looks great!

I think I've been there. The first architect I worked for sent me out to field measure a building that looked a lot like that. It also only had three standing walls and was quite drafty.

Careful with the fine dining. Before long some smart developer is going to eat there, look around at the neighborhood and see the $$$$ potential. Before you know it, your working waterfront buildings will be antique stores, cafes and fern bars. I've seen it happen all too often in towns along the Hudson River. Sad.

9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Excellent Job, but If I remember, that place was a speak easy during the 20s. :wave: