Horsepower=Torque+RPM

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by timrock, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

one HP=550lbs lifted in one second.

HP=Distance x Weight over 33,000
  2. dudex

dudex Member

Tim, you are so full of sh*t. If HP did equal torque+RPM then you could have an engine with no torque and 35,000 rpm that had 35,000 HP. An average .15 rc engine puts out about 1 HP at around 35,000RPM.If you equation was true the that would mean that the torque on one of these engines would have to be negative 34,999, otherwise the horsepower would be over 35,000. You are an idiot.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

i swear.

torque+RPM. and he says.if so,you could have an engine with no torque.what a moron.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

if there is no torque,there is no RPM
  5. dudex

dudex Member

I was saying hypothetically. Do you know what that means or do I have to get you a dictionary? Lets say there is torque then. If a motor has 10ft.lb's of torque and 30,000 rpm, then that would mean, according to your eqaution,that it has 30,010 hp. I would like to see the engine that has that much power.
  6. dudex

dudex Member

Can you tell me where you learned this equation or did it come to you in a dream?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

if you are interested in learning about it,you can find many differnt formulas.
    seems as if you dont know what equation means.
    equation means result/end of equal.
  8. dudex

dudex Member

I know what the eqaution is, Im just curious where you learned youre version.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont know why it now says that i posted `550lbs.lifted in one second.` it is 550lbs lifted one foot in one second.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok,dudex i leared it on the moon.
  11. dudex

dudex Member

so then it did come to in a dream.
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

13. timrock

timrock Active Member

the dream would be man ever steping on the moon.no man as ever steped on the moon
  14. dudex

dudex Member

what are you talking about. thats not even remotely relevant to anything were talking about.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

it was hoiax
  16. dudex

dudex Member

so what does that have to do with HP?
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

i will reply tomorow or the next day.i wil be busy.then i will teach what it is that you dont know about
  18. dudex

dudex Member

aaawww. too bad, Im goin snowboarding for 4 days so I wont be able to sit in on your physics lesson but I will definately be sure to check out all the bs as soon as I come back.
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont understand the relevance of the question `where did you learn that`
    thats why i said i learned it on the moon.where has nothing to do with it.but,ok,i learned it in the USA.
  20. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Jack donkey. Yes you tim. This is insane. From even you, and after I even posted it for you. Horsepower is 550lbs lifted one foot in one second. It is the amount of work done over time. I have tried to explain myself as clear as possible, but it would appear that I am gonna have to break it down to a preschool level. OK . OK here we go.
    See Engine. See Engine Run. See Crankshaft turn. Crankshaft turning makes torque. Torque is ANY TWISTING FORCE. Speed of crankshaft makes RPM. Torque and Horsepower are always equal at 5252 RPM. Now see Horsepower. See horsepower equal to torque times RPM divided by 5252. See rear tires. See rear tires turn. Turning from twisting force. Twisting force Called TORQUE. Sorry for not having any colorful pictures or any connect the dots. But if you take all your posts and conntect the dots then you have a perfect picture of an idiot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.