Horse breath

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by hminky, Jul 4, 2005.

1. hminky

hminky Member

2. belg

belg Member

Harold very nicely done. Pat
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That's Awesome Harold :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Awesome Harold. :thumb: :thumb:
    The water looks great, however I must confess, when I first seen the bank, I thought of cheese curds. :eek:
    Sorry man, it just came to me like that. :oops: :D
  5. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

You need a little more greenery around the edges. moss cattails etc. Either that or some skeletons because it is an alkali hole. :( :( :D
  6. hminky

hminky Member

The pond is just a feasibility mockup for the thread:

It is only a piece of mylar taped to plexiglas and ripples made from gloss medium. It is just gravel sprinkled around to make a bank and bushes to make a reflection.

The mockup is in the center.

7. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

It could still be a nice mini-scene like it is. :thumb:
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Very nice Harold. Just shows what can be done.
  9. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Great tip, thanks Harold.....

10. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

More great stuff Harold
  11. ausien

ausien Active Member

keep up the good work Harold, Im learning all the time, thanks mate...have a good one..steve
  12. brakie

brakie Active Member

Harold,If that horse is breathing that hard to ripple the water,then that means he been running hard for some time and therefore the horse should be lathered up from its hard run. :D Outside of that and needing greenery around the hole it looks good.
  13. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see either this thread, the original, or a combination of the two in the Academy very soon. Very original and beautiful results. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

I am in full agreement with Clark.

Harold your site has some great work on it and your tutorials are very well presented.
  15. hminky

hminky Member

I am working on a web article at the moment. Here is the first attempt, this has been ripped out and a new one is being attempted:

It came out too small and the bank method didn't work. The box car is my first decaled car for the 1870's OO scale standard gauge Pacific Coast Air Line Railway. It is the Express Freight scheme.