Hope you have your taxes done!!!

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Guess most will get a refund. Not ME!!! Always have to pay. Part time job, tobacco allotment buyout and Town Board salary causes me to shell out some. :cry: I really think the Oil Companies could just pay all of our taxes from their profits. :curse: Wish electric trains were deductable. Get'em in before Saturday night. announce1
  2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

I'm keeping my eyes closed when I sign my 1040 this year. :cry:
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Ahhh, the blissful life of retirement. :rolleyes: We officially shut down our business last year. No more 1120S's to file, no more personal P/L "feedthru" forms to fill out, not even a 1040 to file if I don't want to. :D :D

What's the downside to all this, it's called NO EARNED INCOME to report. :cry:As painful as it was, I still think it was exciting to put something in the "wages" or "business income" lines. I didn't before when I had to pay taxes on it, but I sure do now when there isn't any.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The upside, well I got a lot more time for trains now.:thumb: :thumb:
  4. Marxed

Marxed Member

if you show your trains to the needy, ill, 0r homeless people your trains are deductable ;)

...... and your needy, in need of more trains.... and your ill... sick of paying taxes... trains make you feel better, soo it's also a medicine. soo i'm sure you could write them up as a deduction :D
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I think the key word there should be "give" not "show". :D Now the theraputic aspects as a medical deduction, that might be worth consideration :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Does that help?

(Luckily Canadian taxes are not due to April 30....) Woohoo I get to keep my money for 2 more weeks! Or is that - I get to use the government's money for two more weeks...? :mad:

7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

B&MC management filed bancruptcy last year and received a $10.2 million infrastructure and facilities upgrade grant from Uncle Sam courtesy of all you law abiding taxpayers.:D
  8. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

The wife and I are retired and just drawing our social securiy which isn't enough to file taxes.
    I havent filed taxes for two years. sign1 sign1 sign1
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Most of our pensions have taxes deducted at source.
    Refund cheques arrived this week.
  10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

I changed jobs this year:thumb: so over paid SDI during the year :curse: which reduces the amount I owe to the state to below what I'm getting back from the feds. :thumb: :thumb: Had a trip to the LHS all planned out :D until Mrs. Doc mentioned shutters for the front windows. :cry:
    Well maybe next year.
  11. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

Refund? what's that? I had to pay a hefty amount again this year, ah the woes of being self employeed.
  12. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Our Federal refund has been in the bank for a few weeks now. I still have to do the state taxes which I hate since they are just a nuisance since we never owe anything or get anything back.
  13. RevnJeff

RevnJeff New Member

I e-filed my taxes back about the end of February. My rather small refund ($136) has already been spent on outstanding bills (having nothing to do with MRR).

Love an employer who has W-2s ready on January 10th.
  14. jesse james

jesse james New Member

sign1 What are taxes? I am too young to know now!!
  15. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I havent paid taxes since 1987
  16. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I always thought that paying meant that you got to keep your money longer instead of giving Dear Old Uncle an interest free loan. :curse:
  17. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

Nope, you have to pay his intrest free loan him on time quartely or else pay a very hefty fee at the end of the year. Made that mistake once and ended up paying twice as much as i owed. Now I pay him a quarter of last years Plus 10% each quarter and hope i get a refund if I overpay (hasn't happened yet).

Would be nice to save that cash, but the plus side is that i put it in a semi-high yeild savings account, so I do make money off the tax money each quarter, but then i have to claim the intrest, so i lose some of it too.:cry:
  18. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Just goes to show, you can't win for losing.
  19. belg

belg Member

Guys, I'm wondering if my Dad still has to file taxes as he is retired, gets a pension, SS and a small clothing allowance from the volunteer fire Dept. As of this year he will have to retire from the fire Dept so that will no longer be included.
    Please only give me an answer if you KNOW for sure I don't want to steer my dad wrong and wind up paying a bunch of penalties. Thanks Pat
  20. viperman

viperman Active Member

But you sure can lose for winningsign1