Hope this works...Please leave feedback.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by joefryfry, Aug 11, 2006.

1. joefryfry

joefryfry joefryfry

I just finished the mountain and thought that this was about enough progress to ask for some feedback. Comments?

I plan on putting a hard shell of plaster stuff on it when I have time. The track isn't much, but I am more into the modeling aspect of this hobby. Of course I enjoy running the train, too. I didn't have many options with the cliff landform on the left side with the way the track layed out, but I am pretty happy with the way my mountain turned out. It is going to be covered with a gozillion cotton balls with fall foilage. Thanks for feedback.
  2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nice job!
    Only a gozillion!..I guestimate a googleplex of cotton balls.
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

sign1 Just frost the rails with a spritz of white for a winter scene and call it donesign1

Looks great, looking forward to the gazillion fall trees, my favorite time of year:thumb:
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Yep!!! That's a well done mountain! You know what you're doing! Happy foresting! :)
    Keep us updated.
  5. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

...it looks like winter again- just when I'm getting used to the heat!!!

Looks good- it has terrain, tracks and trains- super Dinkis.

6. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

nice looking :)
  7. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Looks good, especially to someone who has yet to try to build mountains, or any other scenery, for that matter (no layout).
  8. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

It looks good to me. The only question I have is that it looks like the track just to the left of center goes behind rather than over the tunnel portal? Did you leave enough clearance for a train going through that tunnel to clear?
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice work!! Have fun with your terraforming and tree planting and keep us posted on your progress.

10. joefryfry

joefryfry joefryfry

Well, the planning wasn't the greatest. This is my first layout. I had to pull some tricks for clearance, and everything works fine. But I'm sure they aren't up to NMRA standards. As a matter of fact, I know they aren't, I measured.
  11. joefryfry

joefryfry joefryfry

Ha, I already told my girlfriend that it is done and that it is just a barren winter landscape.

I don't get much time to work on it, so progress is slow.
  12. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

There's a man who has his priorities right. Finish the model railroad before the room! :thumb: It looks very good. I can't waite to see all those trees!:thumb: I have said it before. Nature isn't perfect, nor should you be! Keep us posted.