hop ups?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc-crazy, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc-crazy

rc-crazy New Member

how can i speed up my rs4 3 ss
    engine options anytin juss want to make this faster
    plz help[8D]
  2. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

I have the same car... a couple of easy changes... Get a robinson vented lightweight flywheel, tuned pipe-you will have to do bunch of research on this one-check out cvec and picco among the best. change to 30% nitro fuel, get a larger high flow air filter, take of your header and check how the outlet of the engine exhaust matches the size of the header inlet- if the header inlet is smaller you can dremel out the excess, be careful though dont scratch it up, make sure your edges are smooth. move the pipe closer to the header in that little purple gasket-the closer it is to the header the more back pressure you have the quicker the engine stroke will be the more high end you will have. cut of 1/8 of an inch from the other end of your header(not the end that bolts onto your engine the end that attaches to your exhaust pipe in the purple gasket) and drive and check changes. If you want to boost your engine you can get it polished and ported check out the post on the offroad forum titled ultra fast high-powered engines by wickedrs. If you have lots of money get a racing engine, big change. There are tons more and they will cost a fortune. good luck
  3. Change the piston And the sleeve, lightweight flywheel tuned manifold and pipe.
  4. rc-crazy

rc-crazy New Member

um.........rcosmax i got the first part of ur message there but for the rest of it witr the inlet and all that crap can u put that into english for dumb people becuase i have no idea what u said
    And mr danny holterman than u for makin that very simple
  5. Thank you for refereing a15 yr old for being mr. but otherwise ya just change the sleeve and piston
  6. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

sorry buddy! Dont listen to the second part too difficult. But if you really want to make your engine sing you shoul send it to a porting company for like 50 buck they will do it all for you and you will have a rocket! Check out tfcmodified engines review on this engine thread by wickedrs01 it sounds like they do realy good work and you get a spanky new heat sink that will let you run hotter and faster. all for 55-or-50 bucks depending which option you choose. For the price this will be way cheaper than a new and pricy racing cylinder sleeve and piston. Check it out I think it says 1-2 weeks and you are rockin!
  7. in the second edition of the mag rc driver they have a engine boost, that might help it is on a page w/atsushi hara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.