HOn30 shops

JBBVry

well i have spent the last few days making a couple shop buildings for my new HOn30 2-6-6-2 let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• boiler house 1.JPG
    boiler house 1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 39
  • engine house 1a.jpg
    engine house 1a.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 39
  • shops a.jpg
    shops a.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 45

JBBVry

A frend made me some molds and i just use plain old plaster of paris. they brake pretty easy is only trouble. and the glue i was useing would not hold them together. but over all i think they look pretty good i will post some more pics as soon as i finish them.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
The rock work looks great Paul as does that brick building. Looks like it has seen the wear of time. Very nice additions to your layout.

N

nachoman

for strength, why not do what the prototypes do and add some reinforcement? Some strips of newpaper or some screen wire embedded in the plaster ought to do the trick...

kevin

G Pfeifer

Home Improvement Stores, Hardware Stores, etc sell a Fibreglass mesh tape for taping plaster cracks, imbed that in the plaster and your breakage problem will be reduced. It is cheap, and works well. You can also glue it to the back of already cast parts with Elmer's glue and it will help to strengthen the parts.
Also works great for making fences, windowgrates etc., lots of uses so your money won't be wasted.

George