HOn30 Mini-Layout

Drew1125

Here are a few pics of my progress on this latest project...
It's HO scale on N gauge track (HOn30)
The dimentions are 30"x48"
I haven't worked on it at all for a couple of months, but I thought I'd show you where it is at this point...

Here's the basic benchwork...1x2 L-girders, with 1x1.5 joists...
aiq.jpg

I covered the frame with styrofoam insulation board, & glued down some track...
aiy.jpg

I dropped the foam base at one end... I wanted to have a curved trestle here...
aiz.jpg

I stacked up some scraps of foam board to make a view-blocking ridge down the middle...
ajq.jpg

This area will be a log pond...
ajs.jpg

Drew1125

Here is the completed trestle as it is now...

ajr.jpg

Well, that is where the work stopped...:rolleyes:
I've been feeling a little more motivated lately, so I'm hoping I'll get back to it soon! :)
I'll post some more pics when I do!

N

nachoman

hey, that looks awesome! and all that in 30x48...

Is that a homemade boxcab?

kevin

Drew1125

Thanks, guys! :)

Like I said, I haven't touched this project for a couple of months...I'm just kind of toying with the idea of getting back to it...:sleeping:

Kevin,
Yeah...that is an attempt at bashing a boxcab from an HO caboose, & a N scale diesel chasis...I'm not sure what its future will be...it may get bashed into a climax at some point...

Drew1125

Well I managed to get some work done today...I got the wiring done, & managed to get some of the track painted & weathered...I know it aint much, but it's one more little step forward! :sleeping: :D

dwight77

*&#$*&#@ None of your pictures showed up for me. I am seeing the infamous white box with the red X in it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dwight77......really would like to see your pics

Drew1125

Hmmm...I don't know Dwight...They're showing up for me...RailImages might have been down temporarily...?
There's not a whole lot to look at yet...but you could try right-clicking on the red x, & then click on show picture...?

I hope to have some new progress pics up soon!

Drew1125

Thanks guys! :)

Kevin,
The "rocks" are made by slopping on a real heavy layer of plaster, & then when it has dried, I rough it up with the blade of a screwdriver, making horizontal strokes.
I still have to paint the rocks...all I've done so far is to spray them with a ink & alcohol wash...

Dwight,
I made the trestle from Evergreen styrene strips

Drew1125

I've started adding some ground cover to the trestle scene...this first layer is dirt that I sifted through an old metal window screen...
akt.jpg

dwight77

Drew: I haven't figured out just where everything is going. Can you provide a sketch of the layout? Thanks
dwight77

Drew1125

Thanks Dwight,

If you look at the 4th picture that I posted at the begining of the thread, it kind of shows an overview of the layout...the trestle scene is at the far end of the layout in that photo...It's just an oval of track, with a siding for what will be a sawmill, & another one on the other side for what I hope will eventually be a pier scene...

I’ve been working some more on the scenery for the trestle scene…

I’ve added some more layers of ground cover…some dried leaves, twigs, ground foam, & some broken up pieces of plaster to look like loose rock…

akw.jpg

I’ve a;so started adding some foliage to the hillside…

akx.jpg