Homeworld 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

I'd bet I'm not the only one that's drooled over those kewl ambient lighting effects in most games. This Keeper Attack Drone from HW2 fitted the bill nicely for a spot of experimentation. Obviously its at the extreme end of "Ambient' with two very bright light sources ( Yellow and Blue Sun's on the standard textures ) its not entirely accurate to incidence V reflective surfaces, an interesting effect none the less. ~ 3 models in one.

The model comes in four flavours

*Vanilla ~ standard textures from game (fold lines) + Assembly Guide + Stand
    *Orange ~ Styled from in-game screen shots (no fold lines)
    *Lime ~ greener standard textures (no fold lines)
    * Rainbow ~ Ambient~ pic below (no fold lines)

Available HERE Enjoy

2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Very nice. I have that game but never really got into it despite how good it looks.

I actually unfolded a model from that game with a similar paint scheme to that, can't remember what it's called now. :( I'll have a look for it and maybe post it here also??

Nice job, thanks for the model. :)
  3. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Hi Geaz. Great stuff! I love the new site. I like the look of the Star Wars cruiser. I've looked everywhere for it. The Interstellar Queen is a beauty also; I still have the Hooded Swan books that she featured on. Many thanks for your fabulous models.
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

awsome site Gearz!! absolutely drooling over the works in progress!!
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Really great pictures and model there Gearz!! Nice idea to try out...
  6. Master-Bruce

OMG!! It's like you have a key into my head! I've also started the Betty and the Republic Cruiser. Spooky.

They're lookin' great!
  7. stackw

stackw Highly Dangerous Mind...

Oh my!!!!
    The only one I hadn't yet!
    Thanks a lot Mr. Gearz!
  8. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Fantastic the new works and very beautiful the new page is already in the bookmarks! That good you to have of turn Gearz!!!
  9. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Drooling over that Cylon Basestar on WIP....any idea when it will be available for us mortals, Gearz? Your works, Rock!!!
  10. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you Gentlemen, your comments are much appreciated!. :mrgreen:

Good luck with your Betty and SW models skupilkinson, you'll probably have them done long before me..

Sorry Stormeagle.. I'm slower than a wet week ~ it'll be ' 2long'. I'd say someone else will Dev it way before my version hits the bench, probably the new year at the earliest, ~ don't hate me! *I'm still playing with very basic ideas, sadly there's no way I could dev it, in scale with the TOS Galactica. = two 80cm disc..

Slightly OT

There's been a few discussions/ comments on model stands from time to time. I usually dev a stand for a model, however, I'd bet a few stand alone ( pun intended ) stands, wouldn't go astray ~ for modellers looking for something to park their builds on..

I've posted a few that may be of use. For want of a better term my 'T-bar' style stands might not be suitable for every model ~ I was going to add a variety of 'knuckles' for the top of the 'post', that could be mixed and matched to any model, but it all got waayy to convoluted, so you might have to nut that bit out for yourselves ( maybe some simple card wedges might do the trick..?) ... Sorry the files are so top heavy, I figured most ppl would want to scale a stand to their model, so each one has a bitmap version and .pdo version to play with.. Pepakura V1

I saw your excellent little 1/72 TIE fighter Steve.. so there's one there for you as well ( if needed).. not sure how it will build at 1/72 scale though...?

Model Stands HERE
  11. Master-Bruce

Oh I doubt that. I've got way too much on my plate at the moment. I lost my Republic Cruiser mesh in computer failure too. You Betty looks much better then mine, is the mesh complete?

I've also designed a few stands, maybe they could find a home with yours at your site? Only one is finished, it's a Trek emblem stand.
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

excellent stands gearz!! thank you! i am in great anticipation of your WIP's!:inw:
  13. sprintx

sprintx Member

Lol great models and freelancer, what extractor u used. Its a fantastic game and fantastic idea make models from it. Best Wishes !!!
    I wana ask u what CMP estractor u use. There are lots of ships in freelancer and i wana make some models. Thankyyy for link