holy cow

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by lincolnclaar, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lincolnclaar

lincolnclaar New Member

ok here it gos my name is lincoln i have 5 kids one moved out still leaves me with four if i add right my two boys are geting into this whole paper model building thing and its great i seen a web site that blew me away
    Paper Model Store we oredered about 35 dollors in models got every one and a fre one now were all happy and building i hope to get some pictures up soon and thanks for allowing us to be a part of your group
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! Glad to have you aboard and really excited about all the family joining in! Cant wait to see some pics. How old are the kids?
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forums!!!
    Wow, that is really great that your boys like the hobby!
    It's really fantastic to get the younger generation involved, especially when most would rather be playing video games or something!

You also found my favorite store for getting models and accessories! Congratulations!
    Show us some of your work! It doesn't even have to be complete!
    We just love to see what people are doing!
    Again, welcome and congrats on getting your young ones involved!

4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Be sure to check places like GreMir Models and other 'digital' model sites. With your situation it might be nice to buy one copy of a model and be able to print it multiple times so you all have copies to work on ;)
  5. lincolnclaar

lincolnclaar New Member

i started building r/c models when i was 8 im 39 now and my boys are 12 and 11 i seen paper models on the internet about 6 years ago and started collecting them about a year ago we found the disc and started printing and here we have it my boys and wife are building the gilrs arent so much intrested they want to have a i pod glued to there heads ..lol but were haveing fun and even geting ready to build a glass display case for the model. and its nice to finaly see a place to chat and work with others and get tips on building so for now im running off and geting more card stock see yall soon
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I have been on this forum for a while now and have made more than a few posts but I never really had a chance to take someones whole post and quote the whole thing, until today! The whole post just sounds so...., cool,,, and exciting! :mrgreen:hehehe

Why don't you get a model of an Ipod for the girls or maybe something they are interested in. There are paper models for every subject under the moon and if you cannot find something specific, just give a holler about it!
    Somebody will have some kind of solution or suggestion for you. More than likely, quite a few somebodies! :twisted: I guarantee!

I'm just trying to see if you could possibly get the girls interested because it is a great hobby and it requires one to think and plan, not just build. These are all great traits to exercise and strengthen! You also have so much fun, you don't even realize that it really is a great mind strengthener and horizon expander!
    Usually, once someone is hooked by the hobby and they start doing models from different genres than the one that gets them started, learning everything about your subject becomes a must and many times it will include history lessons, right along with learning about your subjects!

Personally, I think this is one of the best hobbies that you could ever introduce to your children!

Anyway, two thumbs up to you!!!:thumb::thumb: I'm really glad you have your whole family involved, in some form or fashion, even if it is just watching!
    The watchers will see how cool it is, soon enough, and they just may want to join in!
    I'm looking forward to hearing from you and yours, and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!!!!

You had to know that was coming!:twisted:

7. lincolnclaar

lincolnclaar New Member

i think i stuck foot in my mouth the 13 year old girl helped mom build some sort of castile this evening there not done but its looking good and my oldest son built his 8th plane and my youngest is working hard on one maybe it will happen all i can say is r/c models will be on hold till further notice ;) and thanks to every one for being so kind....linc
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

:cool:Cool!!! That is good news! That made my day!:thumb:

Still, I can't wait to see some pictures! sign1 hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.