Holy Cow..... Now This Is A Dealer Layout!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Another dealer layout on eBay.
    Bidding is up around $7,500
    I wonder what the measurements are on this?

Attached Files:

2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

So are sending a check or Pay Pal? :) i think those out layouts look cool and to tell the truth they are more fun than all this neat landscaping I'm doing now.
  3. Cannonball

I wish I could afford to use either method to pay for it!
    Actually, I'd just like to have that tunnel.....
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

look at the track CB, there is 1 straght piece between the curves, im guessing each board is 4 feet wide, and if thats true, it looks like they are 8 feet long, so the whole thing is around 8' x 8'
  5. Cannonball

You're probably right.
    Well, no copying that one. There's no way the wife is going to let me attach a second 4x8 to my layout table. :D
  6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

who wears the pants in that household?.........

i wear them in mine...... (till she comes home!.....lol)

7. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

cb, you can have more then one layout, do you have a garage? you can lean the one your not using up aginst a wall, when you get bored with one lean it up and put the other one down,

or better yet, if you had fast track you can change your layout any time you wanted , and then back..........

lmao.........have to give you a hard time....lol
  8. Cannonball

I have a garage but it's full of my music stuff. I wish I could fix it up a bit and get it climate controlled because I could put a massive layout in there. Then I could move the music stuff back into the house and maybe think about joining a band again. Don't have the money it would take to get it fixed up right though. :(
  9. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

yes ya do, just dont buy any trains for 1 month....lol

whats it need? heat and air, wont need heat much more till next winter, so work on geting air first. there are lots of cheap window air canditioners around. cleaning up the garage dont cost a dime.

what more it need?

should not take much $$$$ unless the thing is falling in.
  10. Cannonball

The electrical wiring needs to be redone before I would put heat or AC in it. Probably needs a fuse box put in since all it has is a single 120 line coming in from the house. I don't know what hack wired that place up but it's scarey. Since I don't know jack about electrical wiring, I'd have to get somebody to do that.

Also, all the heat and AC in the world wouldn't do much good until I get teh gaps around the doors taken care of, so there's some lumber and carpentry work as well. I could do most of that myself but there is still the cost of supplies.

If it's going to have heat and AC, I'd want to insulate and drywall inside as well to keep the utility costs down.

I'm probably looking at at least a grand minimum to turn it into a decent train room.

Oh.. and cleaning it up would cost as well since I have stuff in there the regular trash won't haul away. I'd have to have a dumpster brought in.
  11. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

when i got stuff the trash man wont take i take it to the land fill myself, like 10.00 for all i can fit in the back of a pickup. cheaper then renting a dumpster.

the funny thing is its the same place our garbage truck go and dumps,

1000.00 is a cheap train room, im looking at 5000.00 min, as i dont have a garage at all. so i got to start from scratch.
  12. Cannonball

Great... Now I have to spend another $1,000 to get an old pickup for hauling junk. :rolleyes:

The $1,000 would be just to make the garage usable.
    That's not counting benchwork, painting, landscaping.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:
  13. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

benchwork dont count, thats train stuff!.

if you want to count that, my 5000.00 is just to make it useable, not counting benchwork, and all that.

ya dont have a truck?

get one for 50.00, when jor done take it to the salvage yard and get your 50.00 back for scrap metal. ben there done that.