Holiday Village pic's 2007

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by allhallowseve, Dec 1, 2007.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Its that time agian ,

Attached Files:

2. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Thanks for the nice photos, allhallowseve!

Paper or otherwise, they're appreciated...:thumb:

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Quite the bustling village! More of a city since it has its own railway :)
  4. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

It was going to be bigger then that 'BUT' do too and over site on my part :(
    i never made the brace's to hold the weight to make it long . So i'am missing 10 more house that i couldn't fit and fishing port is so small tha there no room for the docks etc..

it will be 10 years next christmas the i start do it ,
    I''am planing much big and better next year
  5. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Pretty cool. If I remember correctly my mom has both the Dicken's and New England villages which she rotates between. I've got the Disney village, although between the cats and the son, it stays in it's boxes for now. I was buying houses slowly as they announced the retirement, so I was able to get the complete set not too expensively, which is nice - and I can add other accessories to it as I go.
  6. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I've got one myself, of unpainted ceramics that I've been painstakingly painting each year. I manage about 2-3 houses each year, out of the total of 15... I would have been further along, but our first Christmas in the new house my wife set a candle too close to the village display...

We're cooking dinner and I say:

"What's that smell?"

The whole village was in flames. Soooooo... lots of repaint! wall1
  7. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

The display looks good, are they made by Lemax. If they are we have some as well, not as many as you have though.
  8. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

(Ekuth ) A moment of slience for your village :( have rebuilt at all ??? i like to
    see pic's

(Paul ) I have a few that are lemax 2 lighthouse's 3 house , they other are hand painted by me and bought at Walmart , Michel's etc...

The Lemax and dept 56 are very exp !! nice but She who control my wallet say's NO!!!!! other then that i own every one out there :)

Its funny that 9 years ago when i started it was only a few house and a ice skateing pond Now it take me all day to build it and then some

My wife say it not a winter village any more It a small state !!!
  9. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Thanks, Allhallows. Going to be putting up the village here in a few days, so I'll post some pics. Looking closer at yours, it looks like we have houses from the same set... I bought all of mine at wal-mart.

I love the detail on the houses, but finding accessories in that scale is a real PITA since they're smaller than most villages out there. The original village I had (before the one that went up in flames) was a mishmosh of different scales and it just looked... icky to me.

So, when I saw the Wal-mart ones, I grabbed them all so that the complete village would have a unified appearance.
  10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Very very belated, but as promised, here are pics of my village (this year... next will be bigger!). Much sparser than yours, allhallows... but I like the simple approach. No people on mine, I like to think of it as that frozen moment in time on Christmas Eve just before everyone turns in for bed.

All handpainted by yours truly. The snow is a special type and is messy, but the wall helps hold it in. Seems to be finely powdered styrofoam, but it gets that "snowy" look down just right. The whole village splits down the middle for storage and is built on top of foamcore board with wood block spacers to raise it off the table. All wires are run underneath and hidden.

The surrounding wall and cobblestone path are done in paper, as will be the details I'll add later. :mrgreen:

11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

12. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Very Nice .. i was wondering what happen to you posting the pic's :)

My plan for next year will be bigger 10 years .... i hope to get a slide show together of what it start out as then what it become !!

i took it down last tuesday :( its depressing to see it go My girlfreind would like to see IT GO !! and never comeback :( ..... She was offering to take it down with a hammer ......... :(