Hold on we are going for a ride

L

lester perry

Looks rather scary to me. But they do it day after day.
000_0046.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Now that, that's a hill! What's the percentage of grade, Lester? And who makes that loco? Quite a change from Alleghenies, but a good-looking scene nevertheless.

Wayne

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Holy Moly! I am wondering what the timetable special instructions say about setting those retaining valves! Hell, I'd even balance the train at the summit and do a break test before taking on that hill. Great photo, Lester. Stuart

L

lester perry

It is an MDC, I have no idea what the grade is. I wanted to be limited to 2 cars and a bobber caboose. So I put track on a board powered it put Shey 2 cars and bobber caboose on track. Got train moveing started lifting the board when it stalled that was it. Measured the hight and used it on layout now my J&M short line will work yor a** off. It services a large sawmill an oil well and small coal mine. There is no passing sideings but there is a Y on top of the mountain now use your imagination and you might get close to the nightmare. Oh yea there is a snall yard half way up the mountain but it is only accessable from one end so yo can't pass yor train.
Les