Hogwarts greenhouses

Octoman

Lo all,

Thought I would try out the new file upload system and put up the floor plans I've already done in a higher resolution.

Attachments

• Model layout.jpg
    Model layout.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 11
  • Greenhouse floorplan.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 12

Octoman

Hi everyone... I'm back after a necessary hiatus.

Since it's so much easier to upload photos now on the fabulous new Zealot site; I'm going to put up some reference photos of the actual filming miniature and some new renders of what I've been up to.

Originally the windowed area of the greenhouses was all going to be printed on transparencies but after closer scrutiny of the actual models I've decided to do the walls on cardstock and cut out the larger window areas. This will be a bit tricky but the effect will be much better. There will be transparent sections that go behind the walls and the roof sections will all be transparencies. If you really want to get detailed you could always go over the printed lines on the transparencies with a white ink fine line marker for added detail but I think it will wind up looking pretty good. The hexagonal conservatory is proving to be a challenge but I like how it's turning out. I'm going to do full interiors for everything just so you're not looking into an empty space.

After a lot of thought I've decided that I'm going to do some "versions" of these greenhouses that fit the existing kit. This will mean that they aren't in exact scale but approximated to fit the space available. It will still look pretty good and improve the overall appearance of the kit as it stands now.

Anyway, I'm still here and still working on it. Sorry for the delays.

Best,

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_9520.JPG
    IMG_9520.JPG
    774.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9608a.jpg
    IMG_9608a.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9610a.jpg
    IMG_9610a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • Typical Wall section.jpg
    Typical Wall section.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Typical door section.jpg
    Typical door section.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Side combo.jpg
    Side combo.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Conservatory.jpg
    Conservatory.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Conservatory 02.jpg
    Conservatory 02.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 18

Octoman

Okay,

Here is a sample of the floor section fully rendered. I researched some photos of the full sized interior set and came up with a floor plan that includes the metal grid catwalk set in the stone floor, the area underneath the planting tables (they will be included as well) and incorporating two storage and office spaces at either end (this is based on the interior of the half greenhouse from HP2). I'm going to add interior walls that fold up based on the outside walls once those are done.

Let me know what you think.

Best,

Ian

Octoman

Sorry... The file didn't upload on the last post.

Attachments

• Greenhouse floor.jpg
    Greenhouse floor.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 13