hobby shop ???

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
I'll be traveling up to Conn. this weekend and always love to visit new hobby shops especially if they have a layout in the store.I'll be in Southbury does anyone know of a store that fits this?

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hi Belg,

Connecticut does not have any one outstanding hobby shop that fits the bill you are looking for. They all seem to specialize in one area or another. There are several good O and G scale stores in the Danbury area. Spread out over the state, with no real outstanding ones, are many shops specializing primarily in HO. The best store with a fantastic running layout in HO and N scale is located in Manchester. That would be about an hour run from Southbury. They have a good selection of HO, O and S scale but few N scale items.

Bill P
Milford, CT

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
In Danbury - Railworks - covers N thru G very well. Staff are great too.

While you are in the area, how about visiting the Danbury
Railway Museum - specializes in 1:1 scale.

sign3-vi.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
76 Hillard Ave in Manchester. I always seem to miss the op sessions as they only run the first and third weekends of the month, but they do have a huge HO scale layout, with excellent N and other scale layouts as well.

A bit of sad news. If you can get to Canton(Rt 44) and stop in at Valley Hobbies, he's having a Closing sale this weekend. I just got the e-mail today. They are gonna be sadly missed, because thats where I was going to get supplies. I've been going there for years, and their friendliness, knowledge and excellent cutomer support will be missed.

Looks like I'll be ordrering more from Walthers, as he was the only LHS close to home. There is one more, but with my work shedual, its hard to get there when he's open.