hobbiesareus.com anyone

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by s2ktaxi, Jan 15, 2003.

1. s2ktaxi

s2ktaxi New Member

Hi All:
    New to the forum... and about to start my kids off on N gauge... I had a 12'x16' HO layout about 20 years ago with digital control etc but don't have the space for it this time around - at least not for now... And even if I did, you could have a much larger (scale) layout in N...

Anyway, has anyone ordered from www.hobbiesareus.com?
  2. billk

billk Active Member

Hey s2ktaxi, welcome to The Gauge. I've hadn't even heard of Hobbies Are Us before , so did a quick check of their web site. My first impression was they have anything you want as long as it's Atlas!
  3. s2ktaxi

s2ktaxi New Member

Or Woodland Scenics... I was going to start getting tracks...
  4. billk

billk Active Member

Shop around. I'm not recommending any one in particular, but there's a lot of manufacturers of track out there besides Atlas. There's also a lot of on-line retailers for model RR stuff.

If you want a pretty thorough listing of what's available, go to the Walthers website at:
  5. s2ktaxi

s2ktaxi New Member

Thanks - I was going with Atlas just because of price... esp. from this place.

I have been doing business with JR at hobbies are us for several years now. they can get anything you want at the best price. And no, I have no interest in them, they just treat me good at the best price.:)
  7. s2ktaxi

s2ktaxi New Member

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. Their prices do look good.
  8. Chessie

Chessie Member

I have used the to, and always been happy with them.
    I have never been able to find a lower price for track anywhere else.