Ho Track Turnouts

slymonk

Hey there to all of you. Im new to the board. I have just recently started building a decent size HO layout (6 x 12) and I have a bunch of manual turnout switch track pieces. They are all older atlas pieces. My question is, do they make a piece to turn them into remote switches?? I was just curious cause I wanted to figure if it would be cheaper to upgrade (if possible), or to just go buy new.

Yes they do. I originally bought all Atlas manual switches and then decided to go remote. I don't recall the part numbers (different for right and left), but I'm sure someone here can or you can check the Atlas website.
Doc

hello slymonk, it depends on what type of switches you have. if they are atlas, then you can buy the remote switches for around $6.00 each. a new atlas switch will run you around $10.00 each. there are more branda out there to choose from, but atlas is among the cheapest in price. maybe some more experinced modelers on here will be able to give you more information.:wave:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Atlas #52...Lefthand remote for turnout
Atlas #53...righthand remote for turnouts, DHC has them for $7.99 (before discount)

slymonk

Hey, thanks you guys. I went down to the local hobby place and looked into it. I really appretiate the help.