HO stuff

C

Catt

This is a short quick update on most of the HO stuff I'm messin' with for my future HO switching layout.

gilbert2.jpg

The loco is an older Bachmann Spectrum GE 70 tonner (fantastic little runner) and the PS2 hopper is an old TYCO car that I bought back in 1980 for a buck brand new.

The layout is actually a diorama I built for photographing my 0n30 (not tunahalf) stuff.

This was my second try at painting clouds.Whatcha think?

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Catt, NICE little switcher you have there:D. i think you have done a GREAT job on your clouds:thumb:. i cant wait to see how you switching layout turns out, post pics as you do it!:D

C

Catt

Did you paint and decal that Gilbert Hopper?

Yes I did Larry.It's for my very good friend and NARA member #3 Larry Gilbert (aka leghome).By the way this forum has my thanks for this friendship because this is where Larry connected with Robin and myself when we were starting NARA .

Larry and Brian Schmidt (think I misspelled that :eek:ops: ) are the two primary reasons that Robin and I decided to expand NARA beyond just the two of us.

Thanks for the cloudy compliments guys :D.Ain't nothing like a little confidence building from fellow modelers.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I've always liked that GVR logo and it looks good on that switcher. Any time an old Tyco car can be refurbished is OK by me. I have several! I'm no Renoir but the clouds look good to me!
Ralph

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Looks good Catt!
Nothing wrong with old Tyco cars. Throw some Kadee wheel sets and couplers on them, some weathering, and they look almost as good, if not better than the higher end models.

leghome

I sure do likes the looks of that there HOPPER Catt. Really impressive. I remember going to an NMRA Regional Convention is IL several years ago and they had a TYCO throw. Toos a Tyco car thu the hoop and win a prize. A Lot of fun but destroyed many many TYCO things.