HO scale road vehicles

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
I cleaned up the cars when they were $.50 a peice... got a total of 3, lol. I have enough of the modern ones for my liking though, at 3 a peice. I want more of the orange cabs!

Oddly though, my orange cab mixed with a Bowser 53' roadrailer, is sitting a bit closer then in your pic, but most of mine sit about that length. I can deal with it though.

jcrowell

May 12, 2006
Brownsburg, Indiana
Walmart and little cars and trucks

The problem with rural Indiana is that the Walmart here is about way behind in getting these nice cars... I've been able to get about 30 of the Malibu cars, even though about half aren't really ones I would have wanted...
...haven't seen hide nor hair of the trucks, though, and I asked! maybe for Christmas?

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Hey Jim, if you'd like, I can get them for you (at the Wal-Mart cost of $3.47 a piece plus whatever shipping would be for what you wanted me to pick up), but the Stockton store only has the White International Eagles (I cleaned them out and 20 minutes later, a stock clerk pulled another case of white and yellow ones off the top shelf) and they have a few yellow Freightliner Classics and some brown Kenworth W-900's.

Let me know, I'll pick some up if you want.

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
CCT70 said:
I snatched up all he had except for the VW beetles and busses (sorry, no Farfegnugen on my railroad, I detest VW's).
Maybe I could have got them as my fiance is a big fan of those. Since I introduced her to 1/87 scale modelling, she has begun to amass a collection of her own. Nothing like getting the missus involved, I say!

jcrowell

May 12, 2006
Brownsburg, Indiana
Walmart Trucks

They have finally arrived in rural Indiana... I'm trying to figure out what time period they are, though... I know they are running around right now, but when were they first (prototype) introduced?