HO scale road vehicles

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
Dick Elmore said:
Sorry about that. It wouldn't do anything when I clicked on "Submit". Then it pops up with 3 of them.:curse:

Dick
Texas Chief
Ooops! I guess it happens to the best of us!!!
Anyway, I don't know of any relatives in the US. The nearest to it is a family friend in Arizona!

C

Catt

Anyone have any photos of how well these pair up to say, a Herpa, or Trucks N' Stuff trailer for a size comparison?

They are HO and they mate up just fine.I'd be happy to give photgraphic proof but the boss has the camera. :D

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Cool! I looked at my local Wally World's this afternoon (Stockton, Lodi, & Manteca (Mayberry) all three, and came up goose egg on ANY Norscott or Malibu ANYTHINGS. Anyone care to import a few truck's for a list member in California where apparently Wally World doesn't carry 1/87?? :)

C

Catt

Are any of those Wally-Worlds ,Super Wally-Worlds?Thats where I've found the best selection of cars and the only places to have the semi tractors.If all else fails I'm sure we can come up with a plan to aid another Gauger. :D

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
That would be great. Stockton's is a Super Wally World, but the other 2 are standard stores.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
Here's two compairson pics, I'v had hanging around since I 1st bought the Wal*mart trucks.

As for finding them, I've found them in every wal*mart I use here in San Diego (3 different ones) and the Lake Havasu AZ & Kingman AZ Wal*Marts, none of wich are Super Wal*Marts.

Attachments

• Copy of 00043.JPG
    Copy of 00043.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Copy of 00044.JPG
    Copy of 00044.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 120

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Thanks Josh! I did in fact go back to the Stockton and Lodi stores yesterday and now they in fact *do* have the Malibu vehicles, however, only Stockton had the trucks. They only had the white International (GREAT model if you are going to make a Distribution center on your layout for a fleet of company tractors (in fact, that sounds like a good idea, I think I am going to do that) and they had a couple of the brown Kenworth. They had one of the yellow ones but it was on the top shelf and I couldn't reach it. These are NICE trucks. Payday is Friday, so I only bought the last Silver Firebird they had (I'll use the camp trailer behind a pickup) and let me tell you, for $2.47, this little car was a STEAL. Even better in my warped opinion than the more expensive Busch models.

These are winners! If any of you have the other colors of trucks and can't get the white Internationals or brown KW's, let me know, I'd like to arrange for a trade for some other colors when I go to clean them out of trucks and vehicles Friday.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
I've pretty much broused & bought EVERYTHING Malibu has/had for sale in Wal*Mart. The trucks are the best steal in my mind, unless you're an ultra modern modeler like me, the cars can be a drag (mostly newer sports cars & stuff).

jcrowell

May 12, 2006
Brownsburg, Indiana
Wal mart little van

There's a couple of vans available under a strange green and black box called "street whips"... I found a Ford 1974 van and a Dodge 1976 van...

only problem is, there's some goofy printing design on the side of the van... how do we remove it?

They're about $1.97 or so...

...so far, out here in Indianapolis area, there are no trucks yet. grrrrr...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
jcrowell said:
I found a Ford 1974 van and a Dodge 1976 van...

only problem is, there's some goofy printing design on the side of the van... how do we remove it?

You may dry soaking the area with Pine-Sol 'til it lifts off, take care not to leave it on too long. You're right, the graphics could be better but I can live with them for now, too much other stuff on my plate. I have several of the Dodges, I don't care for the wheels on the Fords. I'll probably end up forking over for more Dodges and use their wheels on the Fords as well, using the others as junkyard fodder---maybe set them on cinder blocks on some street corner:thumb:

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
jcrowell said:
There's a couple of vans available under a strange green and black box called "street whips"... I found a Ford 1974 van and a Dodge 1976 van...
Dodge vans, eh? I have wanted to have some of those for some USAF vans that were - and still are - here in the UK, but the only vans that the likes of Trident did were chevy's.

C

Catt

Acetone (fingernail polish remover) takes the graphics off of the vans with abit of scrubbing.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Alan Bickley said:
Dodge vans, eh? I have wanted to have some of those for some USAF vans that were - and still are - here in the UK, but the only vans that the likes of Trident did were chevy's.

Here's some pics for you, Alan...

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 111
  • van2.jpg
    van2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 117

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
I just cleaned out my local Wally World of the white International Eagles for my new Distribution center. Man. I thought these things were nice. They're GORGEOUS little trucks and the price was a steal at $3.47 a piece. A buddy of mine cleaned his store up in Roseville ("Malfunction Junction to UP employees :D ) out of all the trucks they had (a nice assortment) so I have owner-operator tractors too, I just haven't picked those up yet. I pulled one out and mated it to a Trucks-N-Stuff 53' dry box and it was a perfect fit. These little guys are a GREAT deal. THe *only* complaint I had was the fifth wheels are a tad farther back than I like, and they are cast on. No problem, a couple of careful passes with my handy dandy Dremel will make light work of them and I'll replace them with Herpa Fifth Wheels. I'll also add little wire pogo sticks and A-Line air and electrical lines, and they'll be all set.

Imag0047.jpg

Imag0046.jpg

Imag0003.jpg

Last weekend, I went to the local flea market as I usually do on weekends and low and behold, a seller had a bunch of Malibu cars. The guy found them at Wally World in Turdlock really cheap on sale and bought several. He was selling them for $1.50 a piece, so I snatched up all he had except for the VW beetles and busses (sorry, no Farfegnugen on my railroad, I detest VW's). The AC Cobra's and 2001 Firebirds are my favorites. VERY nice cars, in my warped opinion, better than $15 Herpa's. At $1.50 - $2.00 a piece. Can't beat that.

Thanks for the recommendations and reviews folks, I'm happy as a redneck at the Chuckee Cheese with these. :thumb:

Tom

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I love the CMW trucks (espically the White freezer boxes) and I like the '55 chevies by Modelpower (also malibu) Some nice stuff to be had, I use the LL cars to fill parking lots now! Also the overpirced, but really nice Woodland Scenics vechiles that have the PEOPLE already in them!! Are great too! :thumb: