HO scale furniture

beeblebrox

Aug 8, 2004
www.geocities.com
I haven't done anything in model railroading in many years, but I have a model that happens to be HO scale and could use a little advice. I'm building the Bates mansion from the movie Psycho (by Polar Lights) and want to do a partial lighted interior. I've only found one source for furniture and would like to know if there are others out there. Thanks

Construction so far:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=10583

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I picked up a pool table from Evergreen Hill Design when I was last in Calgary. It looks like they don't carry all furniture, but they do have some other interesting items, like a toilet, chair, etc.

The link you found seems to be a better diversity of products for your needs.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
This might be a little off-track, but what scale is the bates mansion?
The Walthers catalog will probably be your best bet for finding who makes what. Now actually ordering it and getting it, thats a different story!

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
i have this kit also. it is HO. or so close you can't tell. i am useing the plastic one as blue prints to make one out of wood. for all my kits that i put stull inside i use SS limited for the Furniture and also look on ebay as that is a good place to find some too. good luck and welcome to the fun. post some pics as you get it done.

CharlesH.

Jul 31, 2004
my house
Neat job! The stairs look swell!

As for the furniture issue, normally I scratchbuild mine, it's waay easier to scatchbuild 1940's art-deco furniture, with those clean lines, simple shapes, etc. The only truly challenging parts to scratchbuild is all the plumbing stuff (toilets, tubs, sinks, etc.).

beeblebrox

Aug 8, 2004
www.geocities.com
There are several large pieces I might try building, but lamps, and thin curved-leg chairs might be difficult. Though I am looking forward to replicating the fireplace in mrs. bates' room.

My wife is working on a Smorgasboard restaurant in N-scale, so far i've done lighting with 2 x 5000mcd 3mm LED's, while Jo has done the building, Kitchen & servery, complete with food platters (With Food) and about 15 tables & chairs both 2 and 4 seaters, With Patrons & waiting staff.
Hope to have our new Digi camera this week, so i can post some pic's.
Cheers.
Damien