HO Scale 80's Mustang

stormfather

Since my hobbies include building a HO scale layout and working on my 1989 Mustang, I was pretty pumped when I saw this:

4423.1a.JPG

I know, the year's not right (the HO scale mustang looks like a 79 or an 82) but it's close enough! However, for the life of me, I can't find one for sale, in fact, I don't even know what company made it! I've scoured E-bay every night for weeks, but all I can find are 60's mustangs and 2005 mustangs. I've seen other pictures of them, in different colors. Could anyone point me in the right direction to track one (or more :twisted:) of these down? Simply knowing what company makes it would be a huge help!

Dirtyd79

I know Con-Cor used to make some 1980s mustangs and sold them in 3 packs I have no clue what became of them though.

Dayton

I've seen a bunch of 1/87 scale cars at .....are you ready for this? Wal-Mart. They had a bunch of that era muscle cars. They may have what your looking for.

rhtastro

Since you're now on the web, google "Walthers train catalog". Then type "Mustang" in the Walthers finder box. I think that they still do sell a lot of HO autos from that era. Bob

Dayton

The nice thing is that the Wal Mart prices are a couple of bucks compared to Walthers. Worth the trip and the price difference.

C

Catt

That Mustang was made by Herpa.It was first sold by Monogram as a "Mini Exact",then it went to Con Cor.It is no longer listed by Herpa so I am asuming that it is no longer made.

I have several of them ,they of course are not new ,but if you don't find one somewhere else (that one on Ebay looks like it might go for a fair price) PM me and we will see if we can work out a fair price. :mrgreen:

jbaakko

Just keep searching for the Monogram ones. I've snagged a number of Monogram cars for the price of the current cars at Wal*mart.

stormfather

Thanks for the link, doctorwayne- I just won that auction and Im about to get the car of my dreams, again, this time in 1:87 scale!