HO Ruler

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Does anyone know of a place online where I could print of a HO scale ruler? If not, ill just go to the hobby shop but I just was wondering if there was as site out there that had one I could print off in scale.

Thanks

TJ

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
You are not going to get the accuracy or longevity out of a paper ruler. You are relying on your computer and printer to privide you with an exact 100% dupicate of the image you download, and that's not going to happen. And by chance it did, just how long is it going to last?

Over the years I've collected a plasic, an aluminum and a stainless-steel N scale (or combination) rulers. The aluminum one doesn't match the other two BTW, so I just use the SS one to be on the safe side. You should do likewise.

TJ
I scanded an HO ruler and made HO graff paper.
The file is .tif, just open it with MS Paint, the picture may look large but when you print in MS Paint it will print to the right size.
I dont have the .tif file posted anywhere but I can email if you would like or anyone else for that mater.
Once I have my webpage up and running I will have it posted.

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
jasbourre said:
TJ
I scanded an HO ruler and made HO graff paper.
The file is .tif, just open it with MS Paint, the picture may look large but when you print in MS Paint it will print to the right size.
I dont have the .tif file posted anywhere but I can email if you would like or anyone else for that mater.
Once I have my webpage up and running I will have it posted.

I got one from the above but thanks for the offer! In regards to the responces, I agree. The paper one barely cuts it, even though it is laminated. I plan on purchasing a decent one once I get done with college and start making money again! LOL

Thanks

TJ

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Play-Doh said:
I got one from the above but thanks for the offer! In regards to the responces, I agree. The paper one barely cuts it, even though it is laminated. I plan on purchasing a decent one once I get done with college and start making money again! LOL

Thanks

TJ

I just checked the Micro-Mark web site. They list the scale rule @ $7.95. You might find a better price elsewhere on the web, but in my opinion there is no substitute for good tools. That scale rule is pretty close to the current prices for inexpensive ho scale car kits.

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
I Have an idea ? Does Anyone know how much it would cost to make several hundred of HO and N scale rulers? One side of the ruler could be HO, the other N? The rulers could be imprinted with "The Gauge", logo . I know that I would buy a few. I do not know the logistics of this free website, but it would be great advertising if the rulers were to be given out at schools as part of a math course to get kids into modelling structures etc.. Just another one of my rants -lol