HO Remote operation, what is it?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Depends in part on what you mean by "remote control". I am not 100% sure, but I do not think that true remotre control exists in HO scale (I mean RC, as in RC cars - where power, receiver, and motor are all onboard the vehicle).

However, there are a variety of wireless DC and DCC systems designed for HO.

To get into true RC with trains, you usually have to go to the larger scales (O, G, etc) where it is possible to put batteries right in the loco itself.

Andrew

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
there was set sold a few years a go, it was simple red box on the package i saw, had a couple buttons, i forget who put it out on the market, I am thinking model power or life like, the locomotive was controlled with the remote forwards and reverse maybe. some sort of speed control. it was more of a toy thing so i never paid much attention, I googled for it but cannot find anything

Oct 11, 2004
New York. Oneida
ok i think i know what your talking about my brother had one altho i cant remember who made it it came with a santa fe f7 and a blue contolrer with a foward step up speed, stop and reverse step speed controls

oleirish

Nov 6, 2005
Central Point,oregon
I'am useing an new Astro Craft wireless DC and just love it,will soon be going for the Astro Craft DCC systeam,The one I have now was under an $100.00 and has an range of a hundred feet,Have checked it out and will work at 100 feet plus.I don't think it will be to long before we have "TRUE RC" in HO equpt is getting smaller all the time just think with true rc no more track cleaning,track wireing and reverse loops!!!I took an old engine cut the wires lose and hoked up an RC speed control W/reverse and real small receiver,and an six cell battery pack and made it work.All in a n gondolla,it worked.
JIM