HO loco display

I just recieved several Athern dummy loco's that I want to use in a display. Being that this is the first time I've dabbled in HO for about 15 years, I have decided to seek help. Does anyone know who makes a nice wooden wall mounted display for locomotives? I'm thinking of the kinds with several shelfs and a glass front. I have about 10 locos, including a Tyco Silver Streak, and a caboose or two I would like to show. Thanks for your help!

(For those of you wondering, the Tyco is from the very first trainset I had and is only there for sentimental reasons.)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
BDC,
There's a company listed in the Walther';s catalog (www.walthers.com) called Clear Case.
These things are pretty pricey though - $198 - $321 for oak shelves with acrylic covers.
I haven't looked a ebay for a while - seems like I used to see these things on there quite a bit.
If you're the least bit handy, you could make your own pretty cheap.
Good Luck!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi BDC,
Just thought I'd share another idea with you that I've used to display trains that aren't on the layout, for one reason, or another.
This is an N scale diorama I built a while back. I made the box out of scrap lumber I had laying around. It measures 16" wide, 8" high, & 5 1/2" deep. It has a train, scenery, structure, figures, & painted backdrop. Don't ever let anybody tell you they don't have the space for model railroading!

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 184

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
BDC -

Here is a company I've found on the 'net :

http://tracksidedisplays.com/

I haven't bought from them, so I can't tell you anything about the quality of their products. But they LOOK good!

I am rapidly getting to have the same problem - my RI collection is growing very fast and needing a "home" - not enough room on the (in construction) layout !

Let us know what YOU find out !!!!!!!!!

- George