HO live steam

Livesteam

Does any one here have any HO live steam engines?, I saw hornby makes one now and the starter kit is around $750.00,I think on there site they have a 7 minute video of the engine going and what it looks like, looks neat i am thinking of one

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
The duplicate posted threads have been removed. No worries, its been happening lately...did it myself just the other day. Let's let this one be the official one since it has a reply...from Fred who noticed the extra threads! Now, how about it? Any one know about HO live steamers?
Ralph

Livesteam

Yeah i dont know what happend, i tried to delete it, i have seen some HO live steamers, hand made ones but never this one in person, it looks interesting because it uses track power to boil the water, the video is neat.

shaygetz

I know of the Hornby one...about 20 years ago someone put out a live steam Stephenson's Rocket. It ran for about 20 minutes on an alcohol flame and lived up to its name because of its lack of a throttle control. Be interesting to see if there are any of those lurking around on eBay or no.

Livesteam

Yeah i remmber that one, i saw one on ebay awhile ago and it wasnt that bad of a price it was like 200 or so maybe even less.