HO E-crane scratch build

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
Hello all,

I've done a vast search of the internet,only to reveal a small bunch of info on e-crane drawings. I'm in need of drawings to be sure to get a fine working model. I remember viewing many pages on this forum and I found that one of are users,built a Union RR e-crane.

The problem is I don't know which user it was. I sure would like to know,how and what was used to build such a model ?

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Patrick I remember seeing that too! I've used our search feature a few times but haven't located it yet. I recall it being nicely done... Here's a bump to keep this thread current.
Ralph

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
I plan on scratch building this crane from the following materials. Wood,styrene,metal and cardstock. I already have a master plan in my head, couldn't sleep last night due to fact of e-crane {weird huh}.

I'm going looking for drawings on the net again...who knows I might find some .

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
DRSC

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Thanks for the photo, Jim. I've never seen this type of machine before. Patrick, I almost posted pictures of my overhead electric crane (based on a composite of real steel mill cranes where I used to work) in response to your original request. The e-crane is obviously much more present-day.

Wayne

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
Starting on E-crane build tomorrow, should have something next week for photos.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River steel Corp {DRSC}