HMS Savage build

adriano

Jul 30, 2004
Glasgow,UK
Barry.It's a pity but I go on holidays,so I can not continue my observations of your work.You make good job!"See you" after 2 weeks.
Now range finder looks good with metal parts.The end is not far.Good luck!

Best regards

Adriano

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Mk IV mast

Hi All

Going back to some nice peaceful cardmodelling for a bit this took me most of the day, one of those things where if your ham handed like me you just get it all right and a bit drops off 'cos you're too slow. Still I'm reasonably happy it looks better than the previous ones.

Thanks for the kind encouragement folks.

Adriano

Have agood holiday you won't miss much I am away from the middle of next week.

regards

barry

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Outstanding, barry! The soldered bandstands and all the metalwork is definitely paying off.

But... but... if you go on holiday next week we won't get any more updates!!! :lol:

AJ

Maria

Jul 31, 2004
Hello Barry,
Very nice ship.
I like ships, but to look only them because does not trust me around them to build.
Greeting
Maria

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Maria

Thank you. How about a nice modern cruise liner with flat sides almost like a cathedral

Ajax

You started your build just in time then you will have to keep the junkies happy and Jim is running out of excuses about moving so he will be doing some.(I hope)

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Actually, Barry, I have a few more excuses...but you're right, not many left. :lol:
Great soldering work, my friend, she is really looking better and better with each update!
What's this nonsense about being away for a while? You know we all look forward to those updates, and I'm not sure how long we can hold out without your daily photo updates! :lol:
Thanks to Ajax we have some relief, but don't stay away too long, okay? Of course, there is Rob's Yamato and Mo, Scorpio's Hood, Corp Trim's Sirius and Glen's Oregon (hope I didn't leave any out, if so, it was not intentional!), so we should be fine for a while, but not for long. :D
Connie should be getting underway in a week, hopefully, since I just cleaned out the new work space yesterday and found the boxes with her in it, so all present and accounted for. Now I just need to make the time and get to her....
Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
railings

Hi All

tried out some railings today and a ladder but you ain't seeing a photo of that. Added the torpedo crane and the funny looking thing on the bridge front is supposed to be an aerial.

Jim

I have to admit soldered rails are easier to attach the ship. Have to do some for Takao later

barry

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
That soldered railing is looking good, barry! And that bow shot is excellent, it really shows how narrow she is! :)

AJ

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
ladders

Hi All

Set about soldering steps because at the moment my hands won't grapple with winches.

For the challenged it took me ages to work out that if it's small and fiddley then cut it too big and trim it back is easier. I tried using the drawing pins with big plastic heads but could not get them in straight enough so back to old fashioned ones and give them a whack with someting to hold the wire in place.

If the width of the step is 2mm then draw a couple of lines to use as a cutting guide and as my tweezers were magnetised I used a tooth pick to prod the steps in place. Use a toothpick to put the flux on just one step at a time with a brush I kept on flicking them out.

I also finally realised what Robs comment meant so stick two temp bars accross to hold the sides in place chop em off later.

You all now get a rest from daft comments while I am away hopefully I shall get my fix when I get to my daughters.

ps Pound coins are 12mm

regards

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Savage rails

Hi

Last two small pieces to forepart of bridge you can just see them below the awning rails in the second photo.

Added the railings to the bridge deck permanently along with the scrambling net and lifebelts.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Looking at the build you have done with Savage even though it embeds on your system which I don't like. You just made me hit my pay pal account again :cry:

So lets have the up dates ASAP as its your fault mate the build is so good and I need to know how to do the rest :shock: :lol:

I have got to say the design on this is great.
A quick question Michael is the CD locked for resizing as I like my ships in 1/250 if pos??

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Savage Looks great, Barry! The railings for the bridge deck turned out excellently. And, wow, it even has the scrambling nets! :D

AJ