HMS "Prince of Wales"/GPM Nr 198

NYC Irish

That to me is an artist....Im going to build the entire Aircraft Hanger, but Im going to then seal it all in....

Artist...well done
John John

Scorpio

Dear friends,

Here a few further photos of my work. I have tried on the whole constructions now on account of on the main deck fits.

Jim Krauzlis

Once again, your posts are inspirational and just plain amazing, Christoph!

Absolutely excellent work on the stack and hanger assemblies...watch out, I saw a scorpio eyeing that stack! :wink:

Really neat, clean and exacting work, mate!

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Christoph

Absolutely (you supply whatever words you like I ran out of superlatives ages ago)

Now we all have to move up yet another gear.

Lots of respect

barry

Scorpio

Hello friends,

Yesterday I have started to build the last third part of whole constructions. With the frame scaffolding I have no problems. The outside walls fitted also relatively well only one may not forget the parts of the deck 12a and 12b with 0.5 mm cardboard strengthen (very importantly).
The main drag is practical already ready now arrives later to a little small parts than refinement
But first the whole construction must be ready. Then I have started the construction for rear antennas and fans.
Here a few photos of my work:

Jim Krauzlis

Oh, that's really nice work, Christoph! :D

I think I have been missing those auto-notifications of postings, because I just happened to check in on this thread and saw there was a new post I had not idea about...anyway, I'm glad I looked. :lol:

I greatly admire how your work is so clean and crisp, and as Barry said, I am running out of adequate superlatives to describe your work...but that never stopped me from trying. :wink:

Absolutely amazing job, my friend! :shock:

I can hardly wait to see the next update. :D

Cheers!

Jim

Scorpio

Hello friends the model construction,

I have the third constructions more or less already ready if goes around the bigger parts (foundation and chimney, antennas etc.) at the moment occupies me with two cranes.
Nevertheless, I have prepared a few pictures and I want to show you.
Bigger description is not necessary here because everything one sees on the photos.

Gil

Scorpio,

Absolute perfection! As Barry said "another gear up"...,

Warmest regards, Gil

Scorpio

Hi, friends,
Just I have cut out the grid construction for a boat crane and have stuck together. I have refined the consoles introduced on the third photo, in addition, with floodlight and engines.

thus till morning
Christoph

Jim Krauzlis

An awesome job of cutting out a very difficult pattern, Christoph!

I am looking forward to seeing this crane develop further. Great detail work on the consoles!

Superb job, Christoph! :D

Cheers!

Jim

Leif Oh

Christoph, you realize of course, that you've just showed us not only how to cut out cranes and stuff for ships, but also that it is possible to build the inner framework of early generation aircraft!

Next challenge - design and build cut-open WWI-era aircraft, with internal structure visible through cut-outs on one side. Museum-quality pieces, I would say (or at least the home-brewn version of museum quality). - Leif

Yet another masterpiece, Christoph. Bravo ! :)

I'm curious, you must have constructed many battleships by now. No midgets at 1/200 and 1/250 scale. Where do you store them all ? A special display room ? Do friends and family ask you to donate any models to them ?

Leif Oh

Happiest of birthdays, Cristoph! You should have a present, but instead you are giving the rest of us presents all the time, by your beautiful builds and pictures of them. - Leif

Scorpio

Hello dear friends,

Many thanks for all birthday wishes, this is very nice from You. :D

The cranes are used ready and on suitable places. Both are swivelling. If goes around refinement then I have provided the following parts
1 electric installation for engines
2 impulse engines
3 two small floodlights per crane
3 rails (On top of the platform)
4 strengthening of the back wall of the console
5 containers (2 pieces per crane on upper crane platform)
6 heels
Here a few pictures of my work

Leif Oh

I've said it of others, and I'll sure say it about this one - picture of the week (if not month!) stuff. Extremely not bad job, Cristoph, inspirational also for non-ship builders! - Leif