HMS "Prince of Wales"/GPM Nr 198

NYC Irish

Apr 26, 2004
Cork Ireland
Did

Did I read online tha there was a problem with one of the Barbettes?...was there a downloadable part from GPM.Pl or did you make one yourself?

Thanks John John

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
My dear friends,
As well as I have already written, now the front construction builds
of the ship.
First I have stuck together before prepared parts of the frame scaffolding. All on these following photos with red drawn it puts must be adapted precisely stick namely already with.
All parts are unterstuck with 0.5 mm cardboard.
After dry up, I have with sandpaper all edges still with light ones print smoothed.

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Yesterday I also have the last small parts on the main deck come ready builtly and stuck on.
It concerns around the Boat and in the rear the anti-aircraft it puts.
It puts where the rubber dinghies come are still free, I will make this later.
Greeting
Christoph

Simon88

Jan 5, 2005
Hi Christoph,
When you 'plated' the lower hull, were the plates butt-jointed or overlapped? In my GPM Bismarck each plate has a 3mm overlap marked on the forward edge but I'm wondering whether to cut this off and butt-joint them instead.
Regards,
Simon

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Christoph! :D

Another great post showing your precise and superb build of this great ship! Once again, there are quite a few great tips to be found in your narrative (thank you very much :D), but I am particularly impressed by the very deliberate and well reasoned building sequence you are using to create another masterpiece. I often find myself stumbling along in a build, which many times leads to the need to start from scratch (yeah, I know better, but sometimes I just can't help it :lol: ), but one lesson I am learning from your posts is to be more deliberate and think out each construction step, test fit (I've started that! :D ) and only when you're happy it all goes together right, to then put glue to paper. Oh, I'm sure many already know and do all of this :wink: , but your last two installments just make this point so very well.

As always, superb photos and narrative, and an inspiring build! (Why don't we have one of those clapping emoticons?...if we did, there would be three of them right here!)

Looking forward to your further updates when you can. :D

Cheers!

Jim

R

rickstef

there is nothing wrong with uploading pictures that I can see.

maybe a small hiccup in the software

RON...........................

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello rickstef

I have this announcement only on this forum. The pictures have been published on other forum than the file name must be in order

C:\\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\Christoph\\Eigene Dateien\\Prinz of Wales\\Baubericht\\9a.jpg is an invalid filename

Greeting
Christoph

Simon88

Jan 5, 2005
Hi Christoph,
I understand what you mean, even without a photo. I am now removing my overlapping plates and will re-do it properly. Fortunately I bought 2 copies of the model to be prepared for mistakes.
Thanks,
Simon

NYC Irish

Apr 26, 2004
Cork Ireland

Thats some class work there. I have a copy of the kit but it was in shipping to me from NYC so I didnt get it to look at and follow along wit the Build until yesterday but I was sure that I could follow it.

Now that I have the kit in hand...Nahh Its outta my league for a while..

Great work keep it up

John John

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello dear friends,
Here the promised pictures. This part of constructions is already ready. Later when all constructions come still to become that ready masts and rig, but to the time is even very farther.
And here the first photo:

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello,
As I have already written now I am occupied with the middle constructions. First I have cut out all parts (the gates) then before prepared frame scaffolding compound and the internal parts of the hangars stuck together with the wall strengthening. Then I have stuck the deck.
All red drawn must put one inspect on passport exactness

andrewthewise

Feb 6, 2004
New Zealand
Look stunning Christoph, I really like the hanger door... forgive me for asking, but are those really seperate pieces of paper?

I look forward to your next update...

Cheers,

Andrew