HMS Prince of Wales (GPM, 1:200)

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Excellent job on the hull, Andrew!

She's a beaut! Carl's right, you're off to a wonderful start on this build with a nice, neat looking hull...and a big one at that! This will obviously be the center of attention in any room when done.
Looking forward to more as you continue with this excellent build!

Cheers!
Jim

Andrew Austin

Dec 5, 2006
New Zealand
www.ece.auckland.ac.nz
Rudder and propellers

Hi,

Thanks for all your comments, they are much appreciated.

I have completed the rudder, propellers and stabilisers, suprisingly these took quite some time! All the below the water-line parts have been attached - only the superstructure to go!!

By the way, is anyone following the America's Cup yacht racing? I would really like to see one of those boats in card!

Regards,

Andrew

gippolot

Sep 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
www.users.on.net
Andrew, this will be a truly beautiful model if the recent pic's remotely demonstrate your skill.:) :) :) Looking forward to this one.

Best of luck in the Cup. Though you will be racing against your old team, won't you? (I'm an ex-dingy sailor). We always used a US local to win the starts for us.

Even though the yachts are so much better now, I still love those old Herreshoff designs.

Andrew

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
Andrew, you continue to impress! Below the waterline is beautiful! Can't wait to see the superstructure come together! Keep up the great work! Thanks for posting!

Chris

Marko

Jun 1, 2007
Hi andrew, i must say, you doing a great job here.

gian, i think it's a DKM scharnhorst or perhaps the DKM Gneisenau from JSC 1:400. (superstructure level 1 & main guns mounts looks like that and it has a typical german stern)

best regards,
Marko

Very nice work, Andrew! Clean and neat!
I think you did an exceptional job on those Props! They just look so...., perfect!
You can tell by looking, you took your time and made sure you got it just right!8)

I have enjoyed the build progress so much in fact that I had to go back to the beginning and start over
just so I could admire and drool all over your build pictures, all over again! :-D
I can only pray my hulls look as good as yours though! Great job, Andrew! Inspirational!

Patiently waiting for more.:twisted:
Russell

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
Excellent building.... I just purchased one because of you...:)

My building skill level is not up to this level yet, but I hope to improve it by finishing 'onslow' and 'USS portland'...

Andrew Austin

Dec 5, 2006
New Zealand
www.ece.auckland.ac.nz
Hi,

Thanks everyone for your comments - they are an excellent motivator!

That is amazing detective work Marko - it is the DKM Scharnhorst!! unfortuantly the remaining pages got wet - so it remains about 1/4 complete
:(

jnyoun - Apparently one of the gun turrets is too short - I can email you the part GPM issued to fix the problem, if you send me a PM with your emial address.

I am starting the superstructure, and will post some more pictures soon,

Regards,

Andrew