Hmmmm

SLOW

Nov 18, 2002
buffalo ny
Visit site
Sorry...

Sure, no problem. I posted them on this thread because people on this thread asked to see them. I will post them in the proper place in the future.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Okay gang, what is it with these damn computers that keeps people away from doing something to the Model Railroad.

1- Do you spend far too much time read/answering questions in the forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, more than I should, but not too much
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2- Do you donate the same amount of time on your Model.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3- Are you just an armchair modeller, waiting to start your dream.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tried to model an armchair once, couldn't find a needle and thread fine enough to stich the upholstery !!
4- Are you motivated enough, or do you need a kick in the (***) to get going.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't find *** in the book of anatomy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5- Will getting a new Toy - er - Locomotive at the festive season help you make your mind up about what to do next.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got that at Trainfest!! What's next!?,,,the next thing I do, of course.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room (4-5 hours per day)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
For the time being, yes.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
I just moved a computer out by the layout/work bench so I can read and post while the glue is drying...:D
Some people stretch and take a sip of coffee, I turn around and type... Gotta' maximize the time resources, you know...:p

Tom F

Note to Michael: Don't feel bad, Jon get's more people in trouble around here. He talked me into jumping off the roof with a pillow case for a parachute, then didn't catch me like he said he would. Boy, I'll never do THAT again...:p

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
My Two Bits Worth...

My response to Shamus' poll...

"Okay gang, what is it with these damn computers that keeps people away from doing something to the Model Railroad?"

1- Do you spend far too much time reading/answering questions in the forum?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really, but I only peruse the Gauge and the On30 Conspiracy. If one were to read and post in multiple boards, I could see how it would be possible to spend WAY too much time on forums.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2- Do you donate the same amount of time to your Modelling?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly, less. My situation is one of NO TIME. For example, the only real time I can look through the forum is if I get up at 4 AM and post before going to work. At that time of day I 'm too bleary-eyed to do any effective modelling.
3- Are you just an armchair modeller, waiting to start your dream?
For the longest time, yes I was. Now, however, I at least have a small layout to work on, and while it may not be a "dream" layout, it suits my needs well.
4- Are you motivated enough, or do you need a kick in the (derriere) to get going?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usually, I'm motivated enough; it's just that there are so many other things that have to be done. These "other things" include paying attention to my family. When one works 60 to 70 hours Monday to Friday, the weekends become critical family time. I'd rather not free up layout time by becoming single.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5- Will getting a new Toy - er - Locomotive at the festive season help you make your mind up about what to do next?
I'm not anticipating any train stuff for Christmas, as I already have 25 years worth of projects to complete.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd sure like less hours at work. It would be incredible to be able to come home at a decent time, do an hour of layout work, and still have time for my family. THAT is what I would truly like for Christmas.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by tomfassett

Note to Michael: Don't feel bad, Jon get's more people in trouble around here. He talked me into jumping off the roof with a pillow case for a parachute, then didn't catch me like he said he would. Boy, I'll never do THAT again...:p

Oh, come on Tom, it wasn't even a whole week before you could type again. Did they get the pins taken out of your leg yet? Don't worry, your fingers will grow back.

marty w.

Jun 11, 2002
Bloomington, IN
Visit site
Cool thread you started Shamus.

Motivation - I have to motivate myself. Our LHS is very small and does not carry much stock, therefore I do not spend much time there to meet other MRR's in this area and no local club.
That's what I like about this forum. I get to see what other people are doing and how they are doing it. I get great idea's here and love to see the many pic's that are posted here.

Thanks to all,
Marty

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang, nice to see so many motivated people, shall have to try this myself.:D:D

Jon, a pillow case for a parachute :cool: next it will be an Umbrella :D

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by shamus
Hi Gang, nice to see so many motivated people, shall have to try this myself.:D:D

Jon, a pillow case for a parachute :cool: next it will be an Umbrella :D

Shamus
wink.gif

Go ahead, Tom, you can use an umbrella this time. It's OK, you won't get hurt, it'll be fun. Shamus said an umbrella will work just fine. (It's the English to English translation, what he's saying is that it will be perfectly alright). Only move on up to the 2nd floor this time, it will give the "chute" time to open up.:D :D :D What? Oh, don't listen to your doctor, what does he know?