Hmmmm, think I'm going to need a little practice

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
My first attempt for our next contest. Pulled the trigger to quick in pic on right. A digital (at least mine does) takes a few seconds to reset before you can take the next pic as you can see by the pic on the left! :( Oh well.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 111

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Gary it's the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad, it was formed when the Southern filed for abandonment of the Murphy Branch here in southwestern North Carolina. It hauls tourists mostly, but it still hauls some freight, usually feed, ferilizer and pallets. It has this 2-8-0 in service and another one being overhauled for service as well as some Geeps (mostly GP35's). It runs from Dillsboro N.C to Andrews N.C.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hey Tyson, Get that room over the General Store ready!!! I stole 10 gallons of "Shine" from Pappy...got a full tank of gas....and I WANNA RIDE THAT TRAIN!!!!!:D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Tyson, I just love to see a steamer, not many around these days in the UK only Preservation lines.

Shamus

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
I want to ride the train too Vic, but it's $38 a pop last I checked, more during the "leaf" season. Shamus they are getting ready to put in turntables (at least 2, 1 here and 1 out in the Nantahala Gorge) and build a roundhouse of some type here. :cool:

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Good Lord Tyson, $38.00 a trip!:eek: That equals three Rail-Line HOn3 box car kits eek: While you are out scouting for photos look for a good place to "hop" the train:D :D :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
HI Tyson, I definitely will do that. I used to travel from here to Richmond Va two or three times a year in my work but now that I'm retired (some call it retarded:D ) I don't get up that way. But if I do I'll certainly give you "a holler":D Thanks:)