hlep finding a decent t-maxx

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ALIENKILLAZ, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALIENKILLAZ

ALIENKILLAZ New Member

my price range is about $400 US and im looking for nitro rc buggy or truck, i have been doing some reading and it seems the traxxas t-maxx is a very popular model. i dont want to go overkill with hop-ups or nething it will just be for bombing around the neighbourhood and when i go camping and such. i have looked on ebay but i dont know any of the lingo and i dont know when ill be paying for overkill parts or accesories. the $400 needs to cover everyhing except maybe fuel which i will buy locally.

thx for any help
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok You can get a brand new Tmaxx with a 2.5 engine for 379.99 and 34.99 for shipping, THIS WOULD BE YOUR BEST BUY. It is brand new so you don't have to worry about how old or worn out the engine is. The price is alittle over 400, but its your best bet at getting a nice truck at a small amount. This is Traxxas's 2 in line truck. Original was the Tmaxx (nitro), Emaxx (electric),Tmaxx 2.5(that is this 1 and its nitro), Sportmaxx (nitro, 2 wheel drive), and the new Revo (nitro) but there alot more then 400. Here is a link to the ebay Auction:

Anothe low amount new Tmaxx 2.5:

In order to view them go to Ebay and type in those id numbers.
  3. ALIENKILLAZ1

ALIENKILLAZ1 New Member

i simply cant afford to get a new one (i can afford but i set a budget for myself and WILL keep it)

so please any advice or offers on used t-maxx, s-maxx with 4wd upgrade or revo
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

dude, your best bet is to buy a new 1, youll have less problems and better off then getting a used 1! Good luck on getting a revo for 400, they go for 500+ usely. Save yourself the time and trouble and buy a new Tmaxx, YOULL be better off im tellin ya!
  5. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

ya dj is right buy a new one thats what i did
  6. tnx

tnx Member

if u aint got enuf money go electric. if u aint got enuf money, fuel will be hard to come by...but i dunno how u can handle that...
    If its your first go get a new one, warranty and u will learn alot, break-in procedure etc.

Tim
  7. tnx

tnx Member

-edit-

why do that budget thing if u got eniuf money ?

Tim
  8. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

you say your budget is 400$, then buy a brand new on for 379$, u need fuel, batteries, a charger, and a rechargeable battery for the electric start
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Stick with new for a first timer and if your gonna go MT I would stay away from the TMaxx there a great truck but for a newbe they'll give you fits, Personally I would stay away from nitro and look at maybe the EMaxx then of course youll need to shell out some money for cells and there not cheap either, not to say a charger save moroe money and do it all right, RED
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Maybe if you want a nitro got for like a Traxxas 2.5 Rustler for 300. My verry first nitro was a .15 rustler and I got along with it just fine and it was fatser the a Tmaxx just no 4wd or course. Electric is good but for like a emaxx like red said you gotts buy batt's (35 for 2 2400 at towerhobbies) charger (a nice intel duel charger I think is around 75) Emaxx 340ish. Add that up and its even more expensive then a Tmaxx lol BUT you should be able to get a used Emaxx with alot less worryes on how good everything is on it for less then 400, and probly with just about everything needed to run it.
  11. ALIENKILLAZ1

ALIENKILLAZ1 New Member

im not going for electric there just as expensive as the nitro (after cells and chargers)i think i would get bored quicky and wish i had bought the nitro model.

i have learned allot since i started this thread and it think a used t-maxx or s-maxx w/4wd upgrad, froma reliable seller si the best way to go, thx for all the advice but a new t-maxx is $490 canadian + i need transmitter battery pack and receiver
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

In the original start of the thread you said you had 400 US so spend and that is how much 1 was, bnut any ways good luck I guess
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.