History of the Mallet from 1962 mag

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Thank you, Fred, for posting this article!

It brought back memories from childhood, when my grandpa (he was a station master and I spent every free minute on 'his' station) showed me a big book with all these giant American steam engines. I remember the pictures of the AT&SF loco with the harmonica hinge in the boiler, and also the mighty ERIE triplexes. Oh how I wished we had such locomotives here in Switzerland!

Unfortunately my grandma gave the book away when grandpa died. :mad: She didn't care about my protests - and so it was gone for good... And later I never found out the title or the author of the book. :(

Ron

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Thanks from me also.. Back in the late 50's the big SP cab forwards came out of Alturas Ca. to a siding called Perez where I work. They waited in the siding for a long train and then hooked up behind the caboose to help the train over a hill. I even managed to hook a ride in one.

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by spitfire
And now, here's a history of the Mullet :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Val
That site is incomplete! There isn't even a mention of the most famous Mullet wearer, Joe Dirt(e). FRED

F

Fred_M

I'm running out of web space so this will link be pulled down april 5, 2004 at 5pm CDST. FRED